Just Wanted to Say

Perhaps we should all start calling her "mom" for the way she watches over us! I just don't think "hen" would be that complimentary.

believe me, i feel like i have a hundred kids right now.......are you'all trying to turn me into the 'old woman in the shoe?'

o_O

love one another.....

Last edited:
Oi. A house full of BOYS! MOOOOOOOOM HE'S LOOKING AT ME!!!

/poke

/poke /poke

/poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke /poke

Oi. A house full of BOYS! MOOOOOOOOM HE'S LOOKING AT ME!!!

Ufn! Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!Ufn!

Ufn!

my grandmom had a house full of boys, and sometimes they drove her to the edge and then she would pick up that big ole kitchen broom and start swatting my Dad and his brothers until they ran.....

*picks up big ole kitchen broom*

Last edited:
Good the new generation responds much better to taking their cell phones or in my son's case-

Turning off the interwebz

But the broom method is so effective. I bet Grandma felt a whole lot of tension relief when she was done!

For me, when I was younger...it was the look. Striking fear into your soul, and usually creating the need for a new set of underpants.

The look. :eek:

or remember those old paddles with the ball attached to a bouncing string, yikes? i still like the broom though, real big with long soft grass like bottom, scary and fun to swing but doesn't to much damage really, hehe.

but icthus is right, the real deterent is take away the cell phone (or computer / xbox / wow ) I got a lot of straight A's last year over wow bans.....lol

Yeah, I should clarify what I mean. Baically Goodwone is the mama warrior bear who would fight if she feels her cubs are threatened; the good shepherd who lays her life down for her sheep. :D

Perhaps we should all start calling her "mom" for the way she watches over us! I just don't think "hen" would be that complimentary.

Last edited:
I actually have a nice, plastic spoon with the face of the kool-aid guy on it. Great part is, you can toss it in the freezer and it changes color! My kids hate it.

And I think of Goodwone as a mother hen carrying around her broom to smack us all around, hopefully I stay quick enough on my feet to outrun her wrath.

Ya'll were lucky - back in the old days my dad would use anything but his hand. He was so strong my mother forbade him using his hands on us and he did not want to cripple us anyhow. I have even taken a couple licks with a hose...hate to say it, but it was well deserved. A switch would have been nice compared to some of the limbs he took to me...lol. Oh, but how I deserved it. I am just glad I was a good sneak and he never found out some of the really bad stuff I did. Man o man - when we get to heaven and he and mom find out, the Good Lord may just let them give me one more good, well deserved thrashing.

By the way, I still do not know how it managed to be uphill both directions on the walk to school...

Back