Just checking in...

Seeing as I haven't done anything entertaining with my "HP Pavilion Entertainment PC" since I beat Oblivion in August...

I've been too busy with IB (the worst program I've ever been in) to use it for anything but massive amounts of essays and homework assignments.

In any case, I decided I'd let you know that I haven't died quite yet and that I'll probably never see you again unless I manage to get something for the two weeks I'll have off for Christmas...

Oh wait, I'll have 3 projects, a 4,000 word essay, and 100 hours of activities/community service to do. Good luck finding me for the next 6 months.

I'll be going off to college next year, so I'll be just as busy (although from what I've heard, after the torture that is IB at my school, college is EXTREMELY easy).
That reminds me that I have only 8 days left until I know either where I'm going to college for sure or where I'll be applying before the application due dates in spring 2009...

December 15th: Rice University acceptance/rejection letter arrives in mail.

Update: Make that 4 essays due before I leave school next week...
1: Extended Essay - 3,500-4,000 words. I currently have 3,332.
2: World Literature Paper 1 - COMPLETE (Could edit... I'll consider my time)
3: World Literature Paper 2 - ??? (Not started)
4: ToK Prescribed Knowledge Title - (That's Theory of Knowledge quote discussion, in laymen's terms. ToK is the worst class known to mankind, taken only by the cream of the crop [irony, much?], and is like watered-down psychology mixed with pointless philosophy) 1,200-1,500 words. I currently have 922.

Then once those are done, I'll have to start a history essay and the 4 theatre projects...
Essay: Historical Investigation - 1,500-2,000 words. (Not started; research only for a grade before the break)
1: Practical Performance Proposal - 250 words. (About my vision of a production of a play they give me... Not started; prompts to be given before the break and due 4 weeks later)
2: Independent Project/IP Portfolio - ??? (Not started. Somewhat unclear as to what I'm supposed to do. Not due for months)
3: Research Investigation - ??? (Not started. More unclear than IP/IPP. Due February 3rd)
4: Performance Production Presentation - 30 minutes of speaking. (Not preparing yet... I'm rather confident about this, seeing as I managed a 10 minute impromptu for a video camera in ToK over a topic I hated, completely lacking long pauses or the use of "uh," "um," etc. 30 minutes about what I've done in theatre should be a cakewalk [although I just played a cakewalk on the piano and found it somewhat more difficult than it used to be because I haven't practiced it in ages ;) ].)

Good luck mate. Sounds tough I hope you dont get swamped and still have some time to have a normal life. Remember, no matter what anybody says the last year of school is not the be-all-and-end-all of your life. There are many ways into all sorts of things and your final year mark will not define who you are. I am sure you will do well but ppl put far too much pressure on you guys making you think this year will define your life - it doesn't.

x_x if only my teachers wouldn't "worry" about me...

Apparently when teachers worry it leads to student stress, following this pattern:

Teacher Worry > Desperation for Practice > Homework > Student Overload > Student Stress > Less Student Efficiency > Lower Grades > Student Stress/Teacher Worry (look familiar? hey it's a loop!)

So my English teacher is worried that we won't do well on the IB exam for English and that it will be the downfall of our IB Diploma candidacy... And she's currently the one stressing us out most, other than the IB Coordinator herself (who is conveniently also our ToK teacher and our Extended Essay class teacher [a class she invented so she could force us to work]).

I'm beginning to realize that worrying for other people makes their life more difficult... However worrying about them accomplishes nothing...

What to do?!
I suppose I could just finish my essays... lol.

Oh and... 6 days.
Rice University. Yes or no?
Monday.

Last edited:
Back