June 8th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Forgive and Live

As far as the east is from the west, so far has [the Lord] removed our transgressions from us.

-Psalm 103:12 (NIV)

MY heart still aches from time to time when I recall the way I treated my younger brother during our childhood. When I wasn't excluding him, I was insulting and belittling him. I can think of few times when I was a real friend to him.

As I grew older and developed a relationship with Jesus Christ, my attitude changed; and in the past decade, my brother and I have become the best of friends. I have apologized on many occasions for the way I treated him when we were children, but he simply smiles and says that he forgave me a long time ago.

I am perplexed by his level of forgiveness. He is filled with peace and joy and seems not to remember the way I treated him. His attitude is what I envision as God's forgiveness. When God forgives us of our sins, God casts them "as far as the east is from the west," never to remember them again. I want to be able to forgive that completely.

George Johnson (Indiana, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for your complete forgiveness. Help us to forgive one another and ourselves. Amen.

Back