June 28th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Just Enough

My God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

-Philippians 4:19 (NRSV)

DURING the last years of her life, my mother required round-the-clock care. Instead of placing her in a nursing home, my brother and sister and I chose to keep her in her home with caregivers.

Eventually, the cost of her care increased and thus depleted her savings. Even though we children contributed from our own savings, the going was rough.

I managed her finances. One day, in tears and frustration, I prayed to God for help. To my amazement, I found that there was just enough to meet Mother's bills -- no more and no less! Every month I began more and more to trust God to supply my mother's needs. And God did. Mother died some time ago. But when I remember the last years of her life, I am awed and humbled by God's faithfulness. I saw that miracles do still happen.

In the Lord's Prayer (Matt. 6:9-13) Jesus taught us to pray, "Give us today our daily bread" -- just enough for the day. I learned that God answers that prayer.

Betty Norman (Texas, U.S.A.)

Prayer
Dear God, remind us that you want our needs to be met as we pray, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."* Amen.

Back