Is there PvP?

ewoksrule

I never played the first FF MMO, did it have PvP? I know I can look it up, but I was more interested in the opinions of those of us who played it.

I never played the first FF MMO, did it have PvP? I know I can look it up, but I was more interested in the opinions of those of us who played it.

It did...and was very similar to WoW's "battle grounds" (at first)...they actually had them before WoW...however, it was rather limited and only something you could do at max level...

In many interviews with Tanaka, we have found out that at release FFXIV will have no PvP... However, a later patch will introduce it, but Tanaka does not want to focus on PvP for many reasons...one, he wants a major focus on the storyline...two, he doesn't want to unbalance PvE for PvP...and there are many other things he talks about when it comes to PvP...so all in all, he wants it, it will be there sometime, but they are going to tread carefully with it...

Well thats good and bad. At least it sets expectations and there will be no choosing a PvP server over a PvE one. But it will leave out a good chunk of ToJers who won't check it out if theres no PvP.

Me personally, I love leveling and end game PvE most, but I have grown more and more fond of PvP in my MMOs.

Well thats good and bad. At least it sets expectations and there will be no choosing a PvP server over a PvE one. But it will leave out a good chunk of ToJers who won't check it out if theres no PvP.

Me personally, I love leveling and end game PvE most, but I have grown more and more fond of PvP in my MMOs.

I think they are taking a good direction with this...however, if it is 3 or 4 years before we see PvP...that might be a little problem...let me dig up some links for you with interviews with Tanaka...

EDIT: Tanaka quote:
...the development team is already working on PvP for a future update.

Unfortunently, SE is holding game information so close to their chest, if you are not in the beta...you don't know much...lol...and even the beta players are only getting some of the info...SE still has yet to reveal all the classes...

Last edited:
Back