iPad Air for work (and play)

AlbertDonald

My employer gave me an iPad Air last week because our support teams will start supporting Apple devices and they want the techs to be familiar with the OS of the devices they'll be supporting.

I carry a Lenovo tablet PC with me nearly everywhere I go and it's indispensable. It has multiple USB ports (including a USB 3.0 port and a charging USB port), a network port, a stylus and screen with Wacom technology and 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity (and the screen swivels around and folds down), a mobile i7 processor, and a SSD.

I carry the iPad Air with me on occasion and it's...one more thing I have to carry. It has...a really pretty screen.

I haven't found much use for a tablet out in the field. Any IT folks have suggestions for getting more use out of the iPad?

Feel free to suggest good iPad games, too.

My employer gave me an iPad Air last week because our support teams will start supporting Apple devices and they want the techs to be familiar with the OS of the devices they'll be supporting.

I carry a Lenovo tablet PC with me nearly everywhere I go and it's indispensable. It has multiple USB ports (including a USB 3.0 port and a charging USB port), a network port, a stylus and screen with Wacom technology and 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity (and the screen swivels around and folds down), a mobile i7 processor, and a SSD.

I carry the iPad Air with me on occasion and it's...one more thing I have to carry. It has...a really pretty screen.

I haven't found much use for a tablet out in the field. Any IT folks have suggestions for getting more use out of the iPad?

Feel free to suggest good iPad games, too.
I'm in a similar situation. I was appointed the Apple product expert on my team, but I'm an Android fanboy at heart. (I have two phones, one for personal use and one for work use, and both are running rooted-but-otherwise-stock Android.)

My work iPad sits and gathers dust except for the few occasions (I think twice in the last few years?) that I need to boot up an iPad to use as a reference for supporting users' devices. I use a Windows laptop to support Windows devices in a Microsoft (Office and Windows) environment.

As for games, I could probably look through my old iPhone 4S to find some suggestions (Cut the Rope immediately comes to mind!), but I feel compelled to ask: Would it cause trouble for you to install and play games on a work device?

Back