Interest in 10 Man Naxx Runs

Berstromme

Ok, I think we officially have enough geared 80s to start looking at more than one Naxx run a week. What I'd like folks to do is post their toon name desired role and prefered raiding night(s) of the week in this thread.

I know Brian posted a Naxx run in the guild calendar for the 22nd of January if I remember correctly. I have not had a chance to talk with him about who all he had going with him. If he was just looking at Thursday nights etc, etc.

A 10 man Naxx run needs 2 tanks, 2-3 healers, and dps. For some of the encounters you may need dps that can heal itself if you only have 2 healers (see the four horsemen fight).

Ideally we can accomodate everyones wishes/desires and build a couple solid groups to get more folks into the content.

As always I hate to commit to anything because at any given time the kids might need me. However, I am now 80 and able to do these raids. If I'm around and available I would be happy to heal for whomever. Sunday nights seem to work really well around here..after a day of rest its nice to have an evening of play :D

I perfer sunday monday nights but if we have the groups where I need to switch I might be able to it depends on family thats where this run we doing is good for me.

I would be up for naxx on my rogue. Saturday nights work for me, but if that doesn't work for other people, I might be able to do another night. It just depends on my how much homework I have.
Jeron

Naxx - Team Omega!!

Noob Raid Leader here volunteering to run "Team Omega." We will call Mike's group (Sun/Mon run) "Group Alpha." :D

I am a fan (and have a hall pass from my wife) for Fri/Mon night raids - the old Masko Kara run schedule. Currently there is an OS run on Fridays but that can be changed to accomodate Naxx. I would also enjoy someone joining me as a Co-Leader. :)

I'm aware of at least 5 geared tanks all ready and willing to run (Danny - Pally, Eric - Warrior, John - DK, myself - noob warrior, and recently Sean - another warrior). Our lvl 80 Healing toons include the Resto-rific Renee, Nifty & Not-a-noob Nathan on Dren, Mike on bubblicious Berstromme, Shane on his pontificating priest Camyron, and Connor (the rarely seen "k"amoflauged Kagnus).
AND gratz to Anita on hitting 80 on Wonderful Wend and promptly running Heroic Naxx with the SGA. (Thereby ditching us slackers for more l33t loot.) :p

Please let me know of your interest in running with Team Omega. A few things I would ask:
  • Please be "mostly" heroic geared and if you are DPS a capability of outputting somewhere around 1500 hurt would be nice.
  • Checking out the spider and military wings on WowHead is a good read to understand the fights going in.
  • Wipeages are most likely going to happen so send your Khorium and Primal Fire to Apollux so I can craft some more repair bots. :D
I have an OS run scheduled for the 16th and will keep that up on GC. I will throw up an "introductory run" for those intersted for Jan. 19th. Spider wing clear would be my goal.

So, who's with me?

Last edited:
It is obvious but I'll say it anyways, I'll be following my lovely wife on whatever run works for "our" schedule so we'll be in touch and it will be a 2 for 1 kinda of a deal.

My schedule best accommodates Group Alpha, seeing as I have a lighter day on Mondays and should have all my reading done up to Tuesday by that point, but the rest of the week (Tues-Fri) I'm running like a chicken with my head cut off.

Like Adam, I become wilted and lackluster when separated from my teammate of choice -- in this case, Chaska.

It seems we have a lot of pairs that run together, so I'll add me and my better half in as well. I think Friday is prob the best night for Meghan and I since she is back in school now. I would also be up for partnering up with Bob to lead those runs. At this point I would be up for one night of Naxx/week, maybe making Monday the OS run and naxx on Friday. Also if it becomes necesary I can always go resto as well (it was the original plan for Jermayan anyways), and then I might actually get another toon to 80.

I think Friday is prob the best night for Meghan and I since she is back in school now. I would also be up for partnering up with Bob to lead those runs. At this point I would be up for one night of Naxx/week, maybe making Monday the OS run and naxx on Friday. Also if it becomes necesary I can always go resto as well. ...and then I might actually get another toon to 80.

W00T - good to hear Jason!
You and Meaghan would be awesome. I have run with Enhance and Resto Jermayan and either is most welcome. Great healer but Jermayan's Enhance DPS is pretty sweet as well. I'm hoping we get 2 more full on healers and you could DPS but assist with totems, etc. That can all be shaked out as the group forms.

And on your last sentence, yah get Aosh lvl'd up. :)
We only have one lvl 80 Mage in the guild atm.

Last edited:
Myself and Renee also a package deal. We plan to stay in Mikes group unless some shifting is needed to accommodate schedules, plus we may need at least one well geared tank (Myself/bob) in each group (for now) until lesser geared tanks catch up.

Last edited:
I would be up for one, but can't guarantee anything with the schedules you all are proposing.

My best times are around 8:30 to 9 server actually. So I will probably just try to fill in whenever I can make it.

As I stated before, so long as I have no conflicts with those days then i can prob run.

I just want to make sure I don't get back to that way I was before Wrath. Raiding 5 days a week, sometimes 6, got to be a bit much.

Since I am on eastern time zone as well, I have to be mindful of the times. Those pre-wrath Hyjal runs going to 1am, and sometimes later, made me pretty much a zombie for work the next day.

Since I am on eastern time zone as well, I have to be mindful of the times. Those pre-wrath Hyjal runs going to 1am, and sometimes later, made me pretty much a zombie for work the next day.

/Agreed.
My proposed schedule would be
  • Fri: 6:30 - 9:30/10:00 Server (3 - 3 1/2 hrs).
  • Mon: 6:30 - 9:00/9:30 Server (2 1/2 - 3 hrs).
Having a defined stop is good for everyone. However, if we are cruising and about to take down a boss there can be a group decision on whether to continue or wrap for the night.

After running this weekend, Adam and I talked over the time commitment for a two day run. With his MBA, Adam should really only take one night off as a rule. On those rare occasions where he's on break or when we've only got an hour to spend in there it would be okay to run two nights but only as the exception. As for me, I'm in the same boat. When I raid, it requires one or more of my kids to step up and watch the two little boys and get them ready and into bed. Yesterday was an unusual day for me as I was out in the vehicle running kids to appointments and errands for 4 hours just before we played. I think the littlest guy was suffering withdrawals or something because he insisted on waking up at 3 am and being with me (awake ;() until 6ish when he fell back asleep. Although the kids can talk with me and even sit on my lap while we play its not the same as focused attention and I'm paying for it this morning ;).

In a nutshell, Adam and I would love to be on Sunday nights if there is an opportunity for that, with Monday nights only being optional for either of us depending on our schedules att (at the time). Not sure if you can work with that Mike, but I know that I'm okay with just being a substitute when Renee can't make it..although on the one night a week that Adam can play it would be nice to play together. I would offer to spec shadow, but I've seen that I'm not nearly as good at dps as I am at healing..with any toon...and I'd probably be more dead weight as a dps than as a 3rd healer :)

I'm interested but unsure i can make any of the proposed times so far, i prefer the old sun/wed times we had for Kara :) Tuesdays and Saturdays are out for sure and Fridays are tough, not sure if i could do them or not

and I'd probably be more dead weight as a dps than as a 3rd healer

3 healers would work fine in our group. In fact that is the standard naxx setup recommended: 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. (Though we have done it with 2 healers just fine) The only issue is that puts us at 11, unless someone wants to change sides. The other team seems to already have it's tanks/healers, so that kind of rules out any of that class from our side making the switch. We have 3 couples in our group that want to play together (Adam/Anita, Jr/chaska, Myself and Renee) That leaves Rhys, Alex & Chris: 3 good dps.. If one was able to move to group 2, one of our tanks would need to spec dps. If anyone has any other ideas, post them.

We have 3 couples in our group that want to play together (Adam/Anita, Jr/chaska, Myself and Renee)

Four = Jason & Meaghan. But per your post above, they have already "committed" to Team Omega. ;) Also with our groups we usually have at least 2.5 healers with our hybrid classes - Pallies, Druids, & Shamans.

For all of you responding with maybe & interest, the Naxx runs for both groups are on GC. Toss your name up there if you can.

Last edited:
Four = Jason & Meaghan.

Yeah, but they are not in our group.

We have 3 couples in our group that want to play together (Adam/Anita, Jr/chaska, Myself and Renee)

I'm trying to think through changes that need to happen in our group so those 4 couples mentioned can play together on the schedules that work for us.
And if Adam/Anita are only "Maybe" for Mondays (Our second run) then we would need 2 subs.

By the way, to be clear. None of us would support ditching anyone who signed up first to group 1 and has put in the effort to get this team as far as it has gotten. I'm just pondering the possibilities on how we might be able to accommodate people and where the willingness is.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm geared enough, but I would be interested in joining a run in Gimilich... whichever one that needs a noob DPS :(

Neil

Back