Instance runs for Dungeon 1>2 sets

Tinie

Details below, please read, however schedule for 4/10, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13 is:

What: Strat dead
Meet: Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands
Time: 8p server time
Level: 58-60
Helpful to have: Teamspeak/CT raid

I am willing to be the tank and run them if folks want to come. I know several lvl 60's in the guild don't need these upgrades as they are already running MC and ZG and such, but I know these would be an upgrade for several of the other current 60's, and up and coming 60's, including myself.

I still don't know the instances really well, but I am willing to give this a try to get some instancing going. I can run an instance a night most likely. I am not sure how to go about choosing which instance on which days, so I will just say why don't we start with Strat dead as a starting point this week, and see what kind of turn out we have.

I can do this in the evenings after Elijah's bedtime, say 8p server time. This would be for Sat-Thurs, deferring Friday's to our guild UBRS runs for the month of April.

I have not run Strat dead as a 5 man yet, since the patch, but I am willing to give it a go and learn with the other folks new to instancing. If there are some veteran instancer's who would like to help out with this, that would be cool too. We would need a healer, and then could fill the other 3 spots with whatever and see what happens.

If you would be interested in this, be at Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands by 8p server time and we will head over.

Be prepared NOT to blow thru this as quickly as possible, but to use it as a learning experience until we get it down, especially since it has a 5 man cap now, and we will probably have folks new to instancing, and we are not all outfitted in epics:) I would think around 2 or so hours hopefully. Be prepared to die and have fun while doing so:)

Loot rules are as usual, greed all green BOE's(unless it is an upgrade, then NEED it), and pass on all blue's/BOP's. We will discuss and roll as appropriate for the class/spec that can use them.

Please HOLD pulling/fighting while we are discussing dropped loot, as it may cause some folks to miss out on a roll/item.

Please remember to NOT LOOT when someone is dead, as they don't get the money split, which isn't a big deal now, as we are only talking about silver. However, when you get to the point of raiding, say Onyxia, it hurts a tad more to miss that 4g/person. So, it is good practice.

Also, do NOT LOOT when we are still fighting, as it is a big distraction, and keeps the group from getting heals while the healer is deciding whether to pass or roll:)

Feel free to post any comments:)

Tinie/Angie

If I am on (I won't be there on the 10th but any other evening if I space out and log with my lowbies please call me back) you can count on me as a healer or hunter. I would be delighted to run whatever instance and 8 server time is perfect..late enough that my littlest ones are in bed and early enough that I can finish in time to go to bed at a reasonable time.

Anita
Wend/Ryer

I'm up for going this evening if Anita brings her hunter and ya need a healer. If Anita brings Wend, I'll sit it out and let someone else go. I don't need anything from Strat Live/Dead so I would be just going for fun.

I've been there numerous times. I don't know about a 2 hour run though. That's a LONG time to do either strat dead or live unless you're going to kill every single mob there.

Having unsuccessfully run the 45 timed run a few times, I have to say one thing is important . . . massive damage.

I think the "choke-point" are the abominations. They are tough and many. Most all other mobs can be handled quite easily. IMO, these need to be chain-pulled, meaning the next one needs to be pulled before the current one is dead. If the group can handle two or even three of them at a time, all the better. This is where a mage would be useful, also a priest for AOE healing and keeping the mage alive :)

Oh, also the 45 min run cannot be considered a loot run, there is no time to discuss anything. I would suggest roll need on EVERYTHING, no matter what. If there are items you need from strat, state it before hand so if it does drop others can pass and move on. Otherwise, if an item you need drops and someone else gets it, the 45 min run is not an event to fret about it. The main and only goal is to engage the baron before 45 minutes are up.

Last edited:
I am hoping for a 45 minute run. Here would be my suggestion for it:

Demetrius
Osk
Deedlyt
Wend
Esua

I think we can blow that place apart with this group. You guys up for it? Once I get it with Esua, I would be happy to help others in the guild with whatever character is needed. For now though, its Esua who needs to cap Baron and save the day!

If you need a fill-in, I'd be willing to go on Durruck, altho I think you've got an awesome group setup there, Adam.

Much appreciated, I should clarify, I think two pallies (one that can tank) is huge, then an AOEer, uber healer and the dead weight we call the hunter ;)

Nah, hunters (when played well) can be an excellent class to have along. Having a pet there offers extra DPS (as well as the ability to OT if you have a bear or other high AR/HP pet)

hunters that are well spec'd also add great damage. Add in your AoE, DoT, damage buffs, scatter/distracting shot... whoa.

All I add is Arcane Brilliance, then Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frost Nova....wait for agro....Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Ice Block.... rinse & repeat.

Hey Angie,
Thanks for offering to do this! I will be available on Saturday to run any instance. I know that I have quests in Strat Live, can you do a run thru it as well if there is enough interest? If you would rather do Strat Dead, I would still love to help. Hopefully, I can hit lvl 60 on Saturday :)

-Steve

Back