In the beginning... SoE/SOE???

Prophet Elhanan

Since Guild Wars 2 is so close it got me thinking of other beginnings.

Specifically when the SoE/SOE guild was formed? Who all started it? What was it like in the beginning? Do we have a record of all the past capes? etc etc.

:)

Last edited:
Oh Elhanan you make me proud! I had the same thought a few months ago and tried to learn as much SoE/SOE history as possible. I'll compile what I have gathered and get it on here shortly.

And for a teaser: I do believe I have a shot of every SoE/SOE cape, minus one or two.

Unfortunately I don't have that exhaustive history of SoE/SOE, other than it was founded by Pastori shortly after release.

As far as capes go, here is what I've been able to gather
The Original Cape:

Then I believe in August of 2005 Sydney Ablaze's cape was worn shorty:

Next is Firewasp's Trinity Cape in December of 2005

Unfortunately, the capes of 2006 have been lost to the internets, broken links, and beyond my comprehension of how to recover.
:(

But the trail picks up in June 2007, One2Dredd's design as a homage to the original (this is the first cape contest I was a part of I believe).

January 2007, The Chad1215's Dove of the Holy Spirit. I remember running around the Crystal Desert with this cape being blinded by the reflection. It was actually quite bright.

2007's June cape is unfortunately lost.
:(

Now we consistently have records of capes.
January 2008, Rho (Manyik) Trinity Design

June 2008 - This is the design SoE wore while SOE had a red cross
20090217195831%21Guild_Spirit_Of_Elijah_cape.jpg

January 2009, Prophet Elhanan's Lion

June 2009, Adam.Edmund's Black and White Phoenix

January 2010, Prophet Elhanan's Golden Lion

June 2010, Sarah.Stratham's Golden Trinity

January 2011, Abba San's Golden Cup

June 2011, Brydon's Cruciform Sword

and finally January 2012: to be determined!

Last edited:
Sydney Ablaze! Yay thats me. :) I'm still using Ablaze as my Legacy name in SWTOR.
Man has it really been 7 years!?!
Great job putting that together STC.

Last edited:
Did someone have a question about Tribe of Judah history? :D

The earliest Guild Wars post was April 23, 2005 so I assume that is roughly when the GW chapter began. Also, the SoE website went up on May 1st, 2005. So....

April 14, 2005: Guild Wars Chapter begins

May 1, 2005: GW Chapter Website goes live

Well, I did more research and found that Spirit of Elijah was actually started by Gideon Whitestar and SilverSand as its own guild. WildBillKickOff contacted them and on April 14th, WildBill told Tek that they were now Tribe of Judah's GW chapter with Gideon Whitestar, SilverSand, and WildBillKickOff as the leaders.
That's right, Spirit of Elijah was started separately from Tribe of Judah, then later brought under the ToJ banner. When Gideon Whitestar and SilverSand resigned their posts, WildBillKickOff remained as Guild Leader.

I can't recall another time that ToJ has brought in an existing guild under our banner (rather than start our own), but considering how successful SoE/SOE has been, I'd certainly consider doing it again.

2008 June Cape

20090217195831%21Guild_Spirit_Of_Elijah_cape.jpg

I remember b/c it was MY first SoE Cape. If I remember right SOE had a red cross for theirs.

Man this feels like SO long ago.

btw, this stuff is so cool! I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Last edited:
Yea i remember that now! For a while there SoE and SOE had the same design but with slight differences. I'll edit that one in Elhanan. Thanks!

Thinking back to some real old timers, I sure hope that guys like Gideon Whitestar, Pastori, SilverSand, Wh1teOut and WildBillKickOff show up again, I have fond memories of playing with those guys.

Here is an old screenie I found today. Got some old school members in there! Picture taken 9/30/2005

gw083-2.jpg

gw086.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an old screenie I found today. Got some old school members in there! Picture taken 9/30/2005

That was long ago in a galaxy far, far away. Some of those names I don't even recognize anymore. A funny story concerning Pastori:

We used to do chest runs in Raisu Palace explorable area to try to get a Golden Phoenix Blade (yeah, yeah it really was a long time ago). He told me once that just as he triggered the chest he died. A Q9 Golden Phoenix Blade popped out. Back then if you left anything laying there long enough eventually anyone could claim it, even a chest drop.

There was only one person in the 8-man chest running PUG team left alive. He danced on Pastori's corpse until the Blade turned color so he could pick it up. I never forgot that.

Back