i need help with little kids...

failedshot

and seeing as how i thought this would be the correct place to ask im asking:

I am going to be teaching a 6th grade class at my church. we r learning about the old testament. if anyone had any games i could play with the kids itd be awesome if u could share. the class is about 25 kids and they are around 11 or 12 or 10 my church was low on teachers and i volunteered (one problem....IVE NEVER TOUGHT ANYTHING:D but itll all work out

thnx in advance

the church should have lesson plans.. past that.. ask the kids what games they like to play, most of them already have favorite games, they will teach you... then in the future when you have an idea of what they like.... research new games that they dont know...

You could probably do a Google search too on games and you can even change a lot of them to include things from your lesson. For example we used to play math baseball in school where you were given a question and if you answered it correctly then you would advance to a base. What you would do is set up bases around the room and ask the kids questions about their lesson. The first kid (if they answer correctly) will go to first base and then ask the second kid a question. If they answer correctly they can advance to first base and the first kid automatically gets to go to second base (just like in baseball). The goal is to see how many kids can make it home. Also if you go to the local christian bookstore you can get a book of games for sunday school classes for your classes age group and usually they are not to expensive. Hope that helps some.

thnx guys ive been researching it and thers so much stuff out ther it almost makes me wanna be in the class im gonna be teaching

Glad you were able to find stuff. I'm like that with the kids homeschool stuff. It is so much fun. If you need any more help or suggestions let us know.

There are many relay races you can do with this age group such as the egg relay, potato sack, jump rope, hula hoop, ball relays, knocking an opposing member's hat off with a swim noodle, obstacle course, spinning your head on a bat relay.

Back