Hybrid Vs. Pure DPS

Proudfoot

We had a great debate tonight about whether or not hybrid classes should be able to compete with "pure" DPS classes like rogues, mages, locks, and hunters. I will say that I think pure classes should do slightly more damage than hybrids but only because they bring less utility (some more than others). I don't want hybrids at the top of the damage meter every fight but a hybrid should at least be competitive. The fact that some raids show hybrids on top is not indicative of the best guilds. You'll see that pure classes are dominating with few exceptions. In fact pure classes are doing much more damage than hybrids when played properly.

Top ranked Anub'arak kill on wow meters. Combat Date 2009-09-02 Link

Top ranked Ignis the Furnace Master kill. Combat Date 2009-08-30 Link

Top ranked Beasts of Northrend. Combat Date 2009-08-29 Link

Top ranked Twin Val'kyr. Combat Date 2009-08-26.Link What's the gimmick on this fight... the numbers seem very high. A few hybrids made the top 5 here.

the highest ranked kill (since 3.2) on XT-002 Deconstructor. Combat Date 2009-08-27Link

Top ranked Razorscale. Combat Date 2009-08-25 Link

Last edited:
in soviet russia, hybrid classes dps you.

Honestly this has to be one of the oldest class debates around and it's not going away anytime soon. Pure damage classes will rightly point out that they should have an advantage because they can't do anything else and hybrid will complain because they are not raid viable because their dps is sub par.

I think it's about the player. Gear aside, if you know how to play your class you will do immensely more dps than another person regardless of hybird or "pure".

The gimmick for the Twin Valk fight is a buff which increases your damage by 100%.

yeah I noticed a bunch of posts missing yesterday and some posts that I read in the afternoon were "unread" in the evening with missing posts along the way heh

Back