Ho-ly Cow!

Kahiel

Well, this is a praise...

As you guys well know, we've been going through a lot in my household, especially this past year and the last month. Tuesday my wife kind of gave me a nudge before bed that she had heard about a job fair the local cable TV/Internet provider was holding. She kept on me the next morning "suggesting" that I at least check it out. When I got there, there appeared to be at least 100 people applying for jobs. I had to fill out a simple application, then wait around to take a math/English/Technical exam. I've applied to this company before (over ten years ago) and expected to get gigged on the math test (before they didn't allow calculators and I remember it being a lot harder then).

After taking the test, I had to wait around while they scored it. I watched a lot of disappointed people file by as they got a hearty handshake and thanks for coming in talk before being told they didn't qualify. Imagine my surprise when they called my name and rather than getting a handshake, I was taken to another room for an interview, on the spot. I had a nice talk with the interviewer and lo and behold I was asked to come back for a second interview. Not being one to put off the inevitable, I signed up for the first spot this morning.

Turns out the manager used to go to my former church, and currently goes to the church where my present pastors used to be. After chatting for an hour, he offered me the job on the spot. So pending my background checks and other paperwork I should start training in a couple weeks. It's entry level and doesn't pay a great deal, but it's more than my wife and I both made when I was teaching (that's how little I was making) has a good benefit plan and give us some breathing room for us to figure out what's going on and to make arrangements for my family's house (I expect we will still sell it, but we will have income to help provide for something else.)

Being the pessimist that I am, I am concerned that I may end up working Sundays which will force me out of the church we've been helping plant and my biggest fear is that this will lead me permanently out of vocational ministry. So, praise God that He's come through for us in our time of need. Also continue to pray as we will need wisdom navigating my mom's estate and my ministerial path.

Will continue to pray for you guys and that it all comes to fruition. Hope your son is doing ok too.

Man, I lit up like a Christmas tree while I was reading this, @Kahiel. I'm so happy to hear that you found success in your job search.

I remember how soul-crushingly awful the job search was back in 2008-2009, so believe me when I say that I'm celebrating with you.

I can't help but think of Scripture where Paul instructs fellow believers to grieve together and celebrate together. It's truly comforting to have other Christians come alongside you while you're grieving and it's truly exciting to have such a wonderful opportunity to celebrate!

Huzzah!

Woots. Major good news. I love it when God comes through and shows off to us.

I love it when people post praises..........so the curious ones of us want to know.........UPDATE please

Blessings and Hugs,

Back