Hey! You deleted the Q3 board!

dudedude7000

I don't really want it back because I never post there, but I just recently posted on the pent-b-gone pentagram remover thread requesting that somebody help me out by sending the patch to Killerah [AT] gmail [DOT] com that would be greatly apprecieated. I was thinking about getting the game because it's only $10 for the gold edition (and everyone says it's a great game), but it's just chock full of pentagrams, and it just wouldn't sit right with me. Then I was that thread and I jumped for joy (not really), but then I clicked on the link and unsurprisingly it was down because it was a really old link. ANYWAY! I just want that file really badly, so if somebody could send it to me, I'd love that.
Thanks

Nate

Thank you so much! Is that really all the pentegrams in the game? or do the levels use the same textures over and over? Either way, I got it, and am very grateful!
EDIT: Hey, wait! The pentegrams are still intact! Does that mean I have to edit them myself and them put them in thier proper folders? I suppose it's easier than running around finding every single one.

-Nate

I've never actually used the thing, Rizz was the one who built it. I *think* what you should do is rename the file zzzpent-b-gone.pk3 (keep it as a zip file) and put that in your baseq3 folder.

Yup, just did that and it worked for me. You' know it's working when you load up DM6 - Camping Grounds

rgr rename it pk3...the only pentagram i missed is the very large roof structure in dm2 or 3 or 4. I couldnt really edit up the wiremesh level structure >_<

Rizz, I'm disappointed.
smile.gif

The question is, is an upside down cross satanic? It is rumoured that Peter choose to be executed on an upside down cross because he didn't feel he deserved to be crucified in the same manner as his Lord.

re: upside down crosses in the game...I'm not sure if the Q3 game has it, but I think there are a few community maps that have those. However, they're models, not textures. Rizz just popped open the original pk3 files and edited the pentagram textures into plain ol' stars. It would be pretty tough to edit out all the map models as well (hence his post on the previous page about meshes and such), and you can't do anything to override the community maps.

re: Peter...actually, I thought it was that he wanted to be crucified like Jesus, but rather than complete fullfill that wish, they crucified Peter on an upside down cross and rather than nail him they tied him. At least, that's how I remember it being related in a TV dramatization I saw as a kid. (An Easter TV mini-series called "A.D.", back in the mid-80's...anyone know what I'm talking about?)

Anyways, I don't know if that's true or not...

The symbol itself isnt.. or wasnt.. the idea behind most satanic symbols is a reversal of the true meaning. Most of you may or may not be aware that a pentagram with the single point pacing upwards means protection. But downwards is the satanic use and means something else which i forget.

Plus people were crucified in all manner of ways. The scottish flag is white X on blue to signify the saint (andrew?) who was crucified with the cross in that position.

Yes, and St. Andrew was the one who was crucified because he did not want to be crucified like Jesus, because he felt he was unworthy. That is why St. Andrew's cross is an X, and used four nails. Although Jesus' cross could have used four nails also, the predominant belief is that it used three (although it really matters about as much as the question, "Did Adam have a belly button?")

I don't think adam was catholic, so I doubt he knew anything about lent
smile.gif
but lint on the other hand... I doubt that too, since he didn't really have clothes, and when he did, I doubt you'd get lint from them.

Back