Hey computer spec question :)

Logos

Hey guys I have all the required specs except that my processor is a AMD AThalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 Ghz. I am wondering will my processor be able to hold up with the game I have all the other specs HIGH (such as the 8900 graphics card, LOTS of RAM, etc) THANKS!

I believe that's 2.5GHz for a single-core Pentium 4 or equivalent...

Your dual-core 64-bit 2.3GHz processor would run circles around one of those in a dramatic Michael Phelps kind of way ... a 2.5GHz P4 was state-of-the-art in about 2002 I think. So indeed you should be more than fine.

Hey guys I have all the required specs except that my processor is a AMD AThalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 Ghz. I am wondering will my processor be able to hold up with the game I have all the other specs HIGH (such as the 8900 graphics card, LOTS of RAM, etc) THANKS!
Ok, your computer has more than enough power do run this game considering my 3-5 year old computer (some parts are older than others), AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1.5 GB Ram, and Radeon X850xt run it fairly well on full graphics (when the zone is completely filled with people, I need to tone it down a little).

You are covered.
I believe that's 2.5GHz for a single-core Pentium 4 or equivalent...

Your dual-core 64-bit 2.3GHz processor would run circles around one of those in a dramatic Michael Phelps kind of way ... a 2.5GHz P4 was state-of-the-art in about 2002 I think. So indeed you should be more than fine.

I like to think of AMD processors as Porsche engines and Pentium processors as American Big block V8's. Pentiums produce lots of raw power but they use more electricity if I recall correctly (poorer gas mileage lawl). AMD's technically produce less power, but still manage to compete, and in alot of cases, exceed the performance of the Pentiums.

The 3000+ and 4400+ are equivalent speeds when compared to Pentiums, I believe.

Last edited:
Yeah you should be able to run it just fine. I am running it right now with a P4 3.2 Ghz, 2GB RAM, and an nVidia Geforce 6800 card. I run it just fine. Only time I hit a lot of lag is in Open RvR. Turn down the special effects to self or partty only and it improves greatly.

Ok, your computer has more than enough power do run this game considering my 3-5 year old computer (some parts are older than others), AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1.5 GB Ram, and Radeon X850xt run it fairly well on full graphics (when the zone is completely filled with people, I need to tone it down a little).

You are covered.

I like to think of AMD processors as Porsche engines and Pentium processors as American Big block V8's. Pentiums produce lots of raw power but they use more electricity if I recall correctly (poorer gas mileage lawl). AMD's technically produce less power, but still manage to compete, and in alot of cases, exceed the performance of the Pentiums.

In terms of cpus it's reversed right now. The core 2 series actually ahve a higher IPC(instructions per clock) and draw less power at the same clockspeed than the amd parts. For the p-4 that was true..they were very inefficient and hot but the core 2's actually are much better. AMD wins purely on price these days and in the server market. dual cores doen not mean double the processing power due to inefficiencies in progrmaming among other things. If you meet the requirements this AMD will carry you jsut fine though..:)

Last edited:
Why does it not suprise me hearing Odale compare a computer to a car engine?

You are covered.

Back