Heroes Ascent Extended Weekend Event

you guys need to start locking down the build or you will be standing around scrathing yourself not knowing what to do.

You need to have the build locked down atleast a week in advance, have people applying for positions and who will run what. General stratagy discussions should be taking place so that flaws can be found. This guild has always waited for someone else to take the first step. I would talk to sirtom, and talk to him about the existing project he is working on, to see if he can make a roster system, that people can go to and sign up for pvp. It is very similar to his current project so he might beable to adapt it very easily.

Ideas for Roster:
Position in build (ie rcprot, Trapper1, Trapper2, ect.)
link to slot build (give me a day and I can post it in guildwiki)
Optional Skill slots you can cover (this way you can assign spirits easier by just looking at a chart)
then the next part is a little trikier, but allowing each person to say they can run which slot (besides identicle slots)

Get organized, thats all I ask.

Last edited:
you guys need to start locking down the build or you will be standing around scrathing yourself not knowing what to do.

Lol - if 'standing around scratching yourself not knowing what to do' was a legitimate strategy for success, I'd be quite the ub3r 1337 H/XoR. :cool:

Paul

Get organized, thats all I ask.

If we want to do Balanced we definitely do need to be organized, as I've said repeatedly. Derk and I have discussed the issue privately and he's of the same opinion; I know Andrew is too. I hope we'll move forward with putting together a regular team of experienced players specifically for Balanced GvG, but its tough with time zones and busy schedules. I've got way too much going on right now to head up that kind of effort.

Also lets not knock casual PvP, even if we're personally not inclined towards it. Many people in the guild that are NOT serious PvP players (and not interested in becoming serious) still enjoy playing with guildies in PvP arenas. I'm all for continuing to give them the opportunity to do so.

Paul

maybe we should start a program to indoctrinate people into pvp, give suggested reading, so people can understand pvp concepts, popular ideas and stratagies.

Their is a boatload of good reading on pvp stuff out there. giving a good thread with this interesting reading material would give them insight and help them give suggestions, after all no one is perfect.

Maybe make an abstract pvp night, where people can try out builds. Maybe get someone to run a boon/prot and let people try builds in pvp based on what you suggest. This would allow them to practice against other players and what to expect.

I learned most of my pvp mechanics in random and team arenas. I tested builds, I tried what other people suggested, and I learned from the mistakes I made.

Back