Help with friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR12

So when I'm in my hometown (and not off at college) I hang out with a group of Christians. We've each known each other for the majority of our lives for the most part. And by and large, we've each been great for each other. But there's been a bit of a situation lately.

One of the people in the group has walked off that narrow path. The extent and everything I'm not completely aware of as it all happened while I was off at college. It seems that many people in our group just want to walk away from her instead of helping her get back to walking the life of a Christian. Yet I want to try and be a positive influence in her life and help her. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice or scripture that might help me convince the others in my group to help her or anything that might help her directly. It's just that I have this strong feeling that God wants me to make this a group effort. To have many reach out as one. Anything would be greatly appreciated as well as any prayers for this situation.

i would be careful becuase of the fact it is a female, but the least u can do is go get coffee or something and talk to her, i mean a friend is a friend right? why neglect them?

I had that happen to me. One of my best friends (there were three of us that hung out all the time), who happened to be the only Christian (I wasn't saved until a year later) started dating a no-good guy. Bad, bad things happened; I'll just leave it at that.

So I've been there. My first advice? Try to be supportive, but don't let her drag you down. I wouldn't spend time alone with her in non-public places, especially if she's already having a troubled time, and I would be very hesitant to hang out with her friends. But she needs Christians now more than ever. Her new friends certainly won't lead her back to the "narrow path"; after all, they are the ones who encouraged her to leave it! But it is so, so easy for her to lead others astray.

Another bit of advice: she probably feels guilty about her actions lately and will try to justify them to assuage that guilt. Don't let her get away with it, and don't let her sway you. "The truth in love" is hard. Sometimes it's hard to miss the "truth" part, but it's just as hard to miss the "love" part, and that can be even more devastating.

Be sure to spend lots of time with Christian friends through all this. And be very up front with them about why you are spending the time with her, without condemning them for their choices. You will need their support and prayers.

I think you need to do somthing fast. I had a friend like that once, he fell into the trap of smoking. I tried to get him to stop, but he didn't, now his parents hov sent him to a foster home somewhere in Toledo. So in the words of a great philosopher :cool: :cool: :cool: "Its Now or never...":cool: :cool: :cool:

My friend ended up a unwed mother who was a high school dropout, living with a guy she caught cheating on her with a half dozen different women...took her years to get her life in order. She was seventeen when it all started.

So yes, sooner is better than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back