Help filling your Hall of Monuments (HoM)

Prophet Elhanan

Ok duel thread.

1. What you have found to be the best way to fill your HoM?
  2. What do you need to fill your HoM? Maybe we can find common goals and work on them together.

So far I have had luck with mini pets b/c I got them before the hug price increase. I think weapons could be an easy one to get. Oppressor weapons aren't too hard to gain if your willing to do bounties, destroyer not so bad if you got the materials, but the tormented one could be tough. I don't have one and have only seen them for sale as of late and man they are super expensive.

And I got another question. Are these weapons customized after they are put in the hall? I know destroyer ones are when you craft them and I haven't turned in my MoH for the Oppressor ones yet soo...

I think some good group objectives may be beating the campaigns in normal mode and hard mode. I'm on the Eternal Grove NM in Factions and Jennur's Horde NM in Nightfall and not started HM in Prophecies.

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell Ursina, but I would like to get one of my other clan members who is more powerful to finish the campaigns, and tinker with titles. Ritzy Bitzy comes to mind and is 2 missions away form completing Proph. But I value my life so don't tell Ursina she may become second banana. Ursina does need Masters on a bunch of nm which would keep her mollified.

I think many of us wouldn't mind helping out in some things we have already done.

Sorry Ritzy needs 3 for completion, Ring Of Fire, Abaddon's Mouth, and Hell's Precipice. Also most of my 'toons bypassed aurora Glade, and Riverside Province. Riverside is a piece of cake, I just haven't back tracked from Sanctum Cay to do it. Aurora Glade is my personal Waterloo. Real Home Cooking needs to repeat the last mission in Factions, because like the bitty brained bear I am I didn't run her to the end to talk to the Emperor. And Ursina has completed all, she just didn't make Masters in several.

Using the HoM calculator, I found out I have a realistic shot at 37 points. That will take some work but is achievable. I'll be happy with that.

I'm at 40 now, and 45 should be obtainable by the first part of the year with some planning. The last 5 points will be getting from 33 to 50 minis and the zaishen key statue. Gonna have to break down and actually buy some of those keys I'm thinking...

But back on topic, just playing the game, with a certain amount of completionist OCD going, and you'll get more done than you think.

For the hero/pet monument, the total goal is to capture 3 elite pets, and outfit every hero in the game with their own elite armor. The hero armor will come from running glint's challente, completing slaver's exile (which you'll at least do twice to go toward master of the north), and a mishmash of the challenge missions in nightfall.

For titles/statues, you'll want a "main" character here. You've got all 3 major campaigns, both normal and hard mode with all bonuses, full exploration, capture of all elite skills, and vanquishing. That's 22 titles/statues right there. There's 6 elite areas/dungeons that you only need to finish (mode doesn't matter). And if you're going for the eye of the north titles, you'll have another 5 there.

Of the others, nicholas the traveler will help make quite a dent in party animal. Sunspear and lightbringer can be had with minimal point farming as long as you utilize the available shrine bonuses when vanquishing, and books + shrine bonuses will do the same for eotn rep points. Also, take advantage of various bonus things going on for weekends or holidays. Wintersday has the snowball fight quest in eye of the north that gives gold, candy cane shards to trade in for presents, and tonics. Double rep weekends provide boosts for that, and xp weekends can speed up or at least change up things to do for an alt survivor. If you already accumulated the ale, just use it while you're plaing. It goes by a lot faster that way, though it's a grind either way.

Cost is often cited in some of the armors, but getting kurzick points to trade in for amber chunks kills two with one stone: kurzick armor and the kurz statue.

Remember, it's not something that gets done in one sitting. Take advantage of the daily zaishen mission as your "one thing to try to do today". You can complete every mission in the game with one exception, in 68 days, including the eye of the north ones.

Could someone provide some tips (team build, heroes, etc.) for Glint's Challenge? I tried to run through there the other night but it didn't go too well. I'm a Ranger and splinter barrage seemed to be fairly effective, but I just had trouble keeping all entrances covered with just HH. Would it work to split up the team just using hench and heroes to cover each entrance?

I really want to start getting some of my heroes outfitted for the HoM and that seems to be a good place to start.

Our last run with Obi was good. I would love to run that with you guys. It seems to be a challenge that needs at least 2 human players with heroes.

Minion master heroes with death nova work wonders.

Discordway (check pvxwiki for builds) is a setup that will hold a side without problem, and will absolutely roll that area if you have two people running sets of dkiscorders. There are plenty of corpses to fuel them all, trust me. If it's you by your lonesome, bring the earth, healer, protectiion, and warrior hench. They'll at least hold their own overall.

Fire damage doesn't do well here, so avoid that. Also, the alchemdal acid skill you get (pve) in the dwarven line helps do a lot of damage in a single burst.

Finally, each person/team has their own nemesis. If you find that the mesmers are tearing you up, try taking then out first. If it's the rangers interrupting you, go for them, and if your heroes don't have enough sense to move out of the way of 15 rits using spirit rift, either flag or unflag them to make them move.

Thanks for the heads up about Discordway, Reg... I've been yearning for some hero armor since way before the HOM Calculator. I will give that a try.

Also, my note for the Resilience monument is:
1) Get you some Kurz/Lux elite armor as that's worth points on its own
2) Don't forget about the prophecies elite's in Marhan's Grotto and whatnot... They often don't need quite such exotic materials and once you reach a place you can get a couple of different styles.
3) Don't be like me and get duplicate styles on different characters... I have a War and an Ele in Monument and Norn armor... why, oh, why didn't I get Asuran? (Oh right, because Monument looked awesome)

Also I was really fussing about getting mini-pets the other day and realized that I'm GOING to get several more birthday presents before GW 2 opens anyways. Phew.

I just got the second set of Granite Citadel, and those are very hard on the leather materials. I am going to be farming leather for a looooong time before I can get the Marhan's Grotto sets.

Couple Questions

1.) Anyone know what he cheapest tormented weapon would be?
2.) Does anyone still need to complete the War in Kryta? Meaning do the Battle for LA.

Prophet -

1) I don't think any of them are cheaper - they take an Armbrace of Truth.

2) I've completed the Battle - but only with the help of Raven and Rose. I couldn't do it by myself nor with one other person helping. I'd track them down and ask for help as a sure way of getting there. But I wouldn't mind doing the battle again sometime - it just wouldn't be a sure thing.

Back