HELP! CS:S and CS aint working!

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Alright, Ive been trying all weekend to get in and play some CS:S or CS and for some reason I keep getting the error...
The game is currently unavailable

So off I go to the help section for Steam/Valve and I wander around there for a few minutes and find a page that deals with that particular error.

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=80&p_created=1092609531&p_sid=sIlM_6Gi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzQ2JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PUdhbWUgaXMgdW5hdmFpbGFibGU*&p_li=&p_topview=1

I tried everything it suggested. I mean everything and still Steam won't work... In fact, the only game that works for me is Blue Shift.... I wanna play Half Life and all the rest of the games I payed good money for.

So anyway have any ideas? I'm going to give a couple days and see if I can figure something out. If not, I'm going to be spending a great deal of time on the phone/computer tracking down what the problem is with Steam.....

yep, what he said... Also, I see that occur sometimes while I'm in a game. I just log out and log back in, adn its fine.
But I would uninstall, and reinstall. Best bet. :D

Alright, gonna nuke it here shortly. Though I'm gonna have to re-DL the whole thing. :( Eh. We have the 6 meg connection, I'll just set up the DL before I go to bed!

Back