Healer discussion

ewoksrule

Link to an audio review of each healer class that is pretty decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H4l...text=C27385UDOEgsToPDskJTihhH9IVZG7bEvt8eT76J

Consistently in the forums the order of best healers has always been

INQ > IA > BH.

Main reasons is that the BH has no HoTs and relies on direct heals only, making it significantly harder to play. The INQ has powerful HoTs to top off as well as the most mana efficient. Both IA and BH suffer from mana drain issues. BH more so.

What does that mean? We need more INQ healers and veer that way if you are not sure...unless you are hardcore and want a healing challenge (like me). Of course you can choose style/roleplay vs min/max but just pointing this out for those that are interested.

Last edited:
My plan is to be an INQ healer. I healed in WoW back in the day and the guild loved me. Healing also leads itself to leading the raid as well because you're always looking at everyone's HPs.

Some more info:
Comparison of Healers
Healer Resource Management

I can see INQ/IA (currently) being the better of the three, but INQ as best healer? From what I've read, the INQ Resurgence skill is bad (low first heal, weak HoT), but it is cheap. It becomes more useful since it changes your next heal, but that is mainly through reduced cost or cast time. Maybe Inquistors are much more easier (read: still require skill, just less hassle) to play since they rely on a classic mana system and have some good utility (bubbles, Extrication, the Life Tap), but I'm sure Bioware will close the gap between the three classes come launch. Also, IA gets plenty o' HoTs, which is why I want to play them as a healer, too. :p Popping off free heals through TA proc is fairly nice as well. BH gets my adorable Earth Shield though. -___-

Another big thing that comes into play here is armor. I know from my WoW experience that having heavier armor as a Healer was awesome thanks to surviving bad pulls after a DPS got a bit too trigger happy, allowing me to rez the other dead healers. INQ have light armor, so they're pretty squishy. BH get heavy armor, and IA not only get medium armor, but also Cover which negates a majority of ranged attacks. So it comes down to personal preference.

As for BH healing, I always placed 1st from 11~19ish healing in PVP. Can yes spam skills like in other MMOs? Yes. Should you? No, and that's where I think a lot of (official) forum complaints come from, people not understanding the basic mechanics and face rolling to see green numbers pop up. :p

Thanks for those links. Sorc healing is looking for interesting than I was previously led to believe. Yay!

I really hope they implement multiple talent specs though... I love me my PvP but also want to be able to spec to be a top-notch healer for Ops.

Read up more on the healing skills and talents, liking what I see with INQ utility (bubbles <3) and the amount bonuses from IA procs. Still not sure what to think about BH healing though. Extra armor on players, Heat discount and cast speed do sound nice, but it looks like it's missing something. Pure speculation of course.

This may get worked out in the next few patches or even in the launch client... One thing I have thought of is that some of the skills may be very different when this launches. Just waiting to see.

Back