Have you seen a good teaching recently ?

kasimir

I wondered if we could start an area where we could share some good teachings amongst frequenters of the Mentoring forums. I have not submitted this to the open forums since I believing that some teachings may require a level of mentoring to have people "get" the teaching ... What is the thoughts out there ? Rizz ?

i get good teachings every tuesday and thursday in chapel, but yeah i think if someone came across a really good teaching that could be easily understood then sure why not go for it and post it,  you can go there and downloud all the teachings that i hear during chapen serviceGood sermons from Chapel

The main problem here is that we already have a bible discussion forum and a bible in a year forum.. what i could do is create a subfolder of one of those for a weekly teaching or something like that. But we would need a squad of people committed to making sure the teaching goes out on time every week..

or do you want it less formal than that?

The best "teaching" I've heard to date actually came last night. I went to my first Disciple concert, and heard the gospel laid out.

I guess I have a problem with most other teachings, unless they're obviously rooted in what Christ taught during his earthly mission. And, if I'm right in that, then all the "good teaching" is right at your fingertips (and I'm not talking about a computer keyboard either).

Yeah? Nah?

That "Bible in a Year" thing is a really good idea, so long as you're reading to learn, not just to read.

My idea here is as follows : the people come to the mentoring and praise/prayer areas mostly out of some need, whether they know it or not...and also maybe the people browsing around do not spend enough time or deep enough time in the word to really unearth the gems... i just thought a tagged place where new items can be posted from time to time (to answer you Rizz..I didn't think of something formal...we all have enough on our plates to even consider that) ... I was mindfull of the need not to duplicate but since I see this as serving a different purpose than the relig discussion or the bible reading  maybe it could work.....

Back