Account Wide Membership ✔
Multiple Guild Memberships ✔
Guild Banks, Storage, etc ✔
WvW Guild Controlled Keeps ✔
Guild Logo on Armor ✔

The bad news...
No Guild Halls on release

So this makes me think.
How many of the SoE Alliance Guilds are crossing over?
What is out rank system going to be?
Will we have like one major ToJ guild that we're all a member of to get the most use of our perks or will we all kind of stay in our own respective corners? Or everybody join everybody's guild type thing?
Are we going to have a PvP focus?

I got more questions too but my youngest son is crying and I gtg.

(PS Woot!!! Guild Wars 2 is on the way!!!!!)

Way to Elhanan, gotta jump the gun... You couldn't wait a few more days where I have a minute to make a thread like this.. :p

This is a discussion that needs to happen and I have my ideas and suggestions. This week I am extremely busy, but I should have some time this weekend to begin the discussion. :)

Way to Elhanan, gotta jump the gun... You couldn't wait a few more days where I have a minute to make a thread like this.. :p

This is a discussion that needs to happen and I have my ideas and suggestions. This week I am extremely busy, but I should have some time this weekend to begin the discussion. :)

I have been in a bad habit doing this all over the place the last few months. :D

Good news, now I got more awesome GW2 news to look forward to this weekend! :)

I haven't forgotten about this! Just an update. :)

Stay tuned!

Based on some other chatter, it seems to be restricted to which server your character is on - no cross-server joining. There will at least be 3 servers or groupings based on the pvp aspect. Not sure how that will translate out to pve yet.

No cross server joining makes a lot of sense. They are trying to build server pride with the whole Server vs Server vs Server PvP.

World is the name given to the server, or the host on which Guild Wars 2 players play. Upon character creation, the player chooses a home server. While the player may visit other servers at no cost, changing the home server will have an associated fee.
A player may only fight in World vs World for their home server. When visiting other servers, the player only receives WvW world bonuses from the home server, not the server being visited. When changing the home server, the player will be disqualified from receiving world bonuses for some time to discourage players from jumping servers to follow the bonuses.

I couldn't be happier with how they are doing this. :)

Some of our more astute fans asked about the complications involved with switching servers and how it would interact with world bonuses. Every account has a home server where your characters are created. You can only fight for your home world in WvW. You can visit other servers, and while you are visiting, you still get the world bonus from your home world instead of the bonus for the world you are visiting. If you switch your home server, you lose the bonus from your previous home world and are not eligible for the bonus for your new server at least until the beginning of the next battle for the Mists. We may extend this disqualification into the next match or possibly even longer to discourage people from switching servers right before a battle ends in order to get an awesome bonus. You will have to pay a fee to change your home server (price undetermined), and that will also discourage people from server hopping to chase world bonuses.
http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-ferguson-takes-your-wvw-questions-here-and-on-reddit

Last edited:
The question I am getting from a Euro friend is, "Can we choose our server at the beginning, or will we be stuck with distinct servers for Euro, North American, etc.?" She would like the opportunity to belong to an American or Euro server in order to belong to a mixed guild. An interesting question because I will want to belong to 2 guilds, one being SoE derived, and one a mixed North American-Euro guild.

The question I am getting from a Euro friend is, "Can we choose our server at the beginning, or will we be stuck with distinct servers for Euro, North American, etc.?" She would like the opportunity to belong to an American or Euro server in order to belong to a mixed guild. An interesting question because I will want to belong to 2 guilds, one being SoE derived, and one a mixed North American-Euro guild.

Seems like you will be able to choose your home server when you create your characters. I would suggest that you may want to pick one that is close to your actual location though. (i.e. North Americans to North American Servers, Europeans to European Servers, etc.) Seems like you would have a much smoother game if you did.

I know some British players (The Yogscast) were able to play on the North American Servers just fine during the beta, but it did lag up a bit when they got into a massive WvW battle.

waiting+skeleton

lol, j/k

Back