Guild?

There has been alot of inactivity lately. Probably because it's summer and people are looking to new content from MoP and are a little burnt from Cata.

Mop is because they are trying to mop up the mess they made with cataclysm.

IMO Cataclysm was the best expansion WoW had.

BC - Terrible in almost every way. The storyline in Vanilla was great, then BAM! you're in space.... what?!
WoTLK - Questing was great, but the content was too easy.
Cata - Much needed revamp of the Vanilla continents, genuinely difficult content (at first, anyway).
MoP - Pandas... really? Turns the game's focus onto the war between the Horde and the Alliance - which should have been done in BC.

Cataclysm expansion raiding was the most similar to Vanilla raiding WoW has had since it started having expansions; and vanilla raiding was amazing.

Last edited:

BC - Terrible in almost every way. The storyline in Vanilla was great, then BAM! you're in space.... what?!
Cata - Much needed revamp of the Vanilla continents, genuinely difficult content (at first, anyway).
MoP - Pandas... really? Turns the game's focus onto the war between the Horde and the Alliance - which should have been done in BC.

Cataclysm expansion raiding was the most similar to Vanilla raiding WoW has had since it started having expansions; and vanilla raiding was amazing.

I can see your points on the various expansions. I kind of feel like wotlk was the best expansion, and probably the peak of WoW. You are correct though - easy content was it's major flaw. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel like I was a very skilled tank (Redletters for those who remember), but I should NOT be able to pull 3 sets of mobs in a heroic and just have my partymates AOE them down in a few seconds. "Heroics" were an absolute joke. As far as story and our own personal guild activity and relationships, I feel like wotlk was the most fun I've ever had in video games, ever.

I didn't start until BC, but I really enjoyed it. Outland did seem a little odd, but to me it was always a part of the game and the story because that's how I was introduced to the game. It when I first found out about Redeemed, and when I started my main character, and I'll always remember that time fondly!

I really enjoyed Cata - although I felt like they over-hyped the changes they made to the world. Sure, they redid most of the quests, but the actual landscape changes didn't live up to their hype, or so I felt. The new zones were great though. I could even appreciate the new water zone, even though I couldn't stand to quest there. I thought the simplifying of the stats was a good change, but they still feel incredibly inflated. How high are these numbers going to go?

Now mop - mop mop mop. I honestly thought this was an elaborate joke when they announced it, along the lines of some of their April Fool's jokes. As I heard more about it, it became apparent that they were not joking! Granted, I have not tried this expansion at all, but just from the descriptions I've heard and read from Blizzard, this just doesn't seem to fit. Part of me thinks Blizzard knows what they're doing with this, and this expansion will be successful, and part of me thinks that this is just some random fluff expansion to keep the game going while their first string developers work on their next project (Titan?). Right now, I'm kind of leaning toward the cynical side, thinking they are just going to do what they feel will get the most money, and not necessarily what makes the best game.

Has anyone tried mop yet that can weigh in?

I can see your points on the various expansions. I kind of feel like wotlk was the best expansion, and probably the peak of WoW. You are correct though - easy content was it's major flaw. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel like I was a very skilled tank (Redletters for those who remember), but I should NOT be able to pull 3 sets of mobs in a heroic and just have my partymates AOE them down in a few seconds. "Heroics" were an absolute joke. As far as story and our own personal guild activity and relationships, I feel like wotlk was the most fun I've ever had in video games, ever.

I didn't start until BC, but I really enjoyed it. Outland did seem a little odd, but to me it was always a part of the game and the story because that's how I was introduced to the game. It when I first found out about Redeemed, and when I started my main character, and I'll always remember that time fondly!

I really enjoyed Cata - although I felt like they over-hyped the changes they made to the world. Sure, they redid most of the quests, but the actual landscape changes didn't live up to their hype, or so I felt. The new zones were great though. I could even appreciate the new water zone, even though I couldn't stand to quest there. I thought the simplifying of the stats was a good change, but they still feel incredibly inflated. How high are these numbers going to go?

Now mop - mop mop mop. I honestly thought this was an elaborate joke when they announced it, along the lines of some of their April Fool's jokes. As I heard more about it, it became apparent that they were not joking! Granted, I have not tried this expansion at all, but just from the descriptions I've heard and read from Blizzard, this just doesn't seem to fit. Part of me thinks Blizzard knows what they're doing with this, and this expansion will be successful, and part of me thinks that this is just some random fluff expansion to keep the game going while their first string developers work on their next project (Titan?). Right now, I'm kind of leaning toward the cynical side, thinking they are just going to do what they feel will get the most money, and not necessarily what makes the best game.

I can't say much about it because it's been a long time since I logged into the beta but from what I did try it's the most fun I've had on the game in a LONG time. It doesn't seem to fit, yes, but the way they are doing it...it kinda does. IMO atleast. The Monk has got to be my absolute FAVORITE class, and I've tried them all. I'm loving the Shammy and Lock changes also.

Hmm. It's almost like Marinus told my WoW story. The time frames of when I picked up and left off are a bit different from his, but the impressions I had of the various expansions are mostly the same.

I was forced to stop playing WoW shortly after the Ulduar patch in Wrath, but I Wrath was easily my favorite WoW expansion. I get the feeling it got easier after Ulduar, though, because when I stopped playing things were still somewhat challenging. The storyline was amazing, the quest lines were great, and I thought the raiding was hard enough to challenge our group but not so hard that we couldn't progress (which made it way better than BC, in my mind). I liked what I played of BC and of Cata, much for the same reasons as Marinus listed.

I stopped playing WoW about 2 months before TOR came out, but at that point I would still have had no qualms about eventually coming back and playing WoW again some day if TOR didn't really take off (which it hasn't). However, MoP pretty much killed that in my mind. Cataclysm always looked less interesting to me than Wrath had, so I almost didn't bother trying Cata. But at the beginning of last summer I found myself with some money and some time, so I ended up having a few fun months with it. MoP looks FAR less interesting to me than Cata ever did. I don't intend to try it at this point, and I'll have to hear some really favorable things about it to ever give WoW another shot. It makes me sad. When TOR came out I was hoping that TOR and WoW would both have good runs and end up being good competition for each other. That hasn't happened, and I don't see either one holding my attention in the same way that WoW did back in the days of WotLK (or even BC) any time soon.

You are correct though - easy content was it's major flaw. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel like I was a very skilled tank (Redletters for those who remember), but I should NOT be able to pull 3 sets of mobs in a heroic and just have my partymates AOE them down in a few seconds. "Heroics" were an absolute joke.

As far as this goes, It really just has to do with gear. I mean there has to be a sense of progressing your character because I certainly thought heroics were hard in the beginning but certainly is easier when you're in raid like gear because that's how progressing your character goes.

It really seems that the game is just going towards a model where you can really just do things without having a guild, between LFR and the Scenarios that are incoming you don't really need friends to see most of the content.

I haven't played the beta that much because I'm usually wary that it will detract from the game when it comes out if you do the beta too much (as it does to GW2 for me sometimes), so I can't really comment on the expansion, but I'm asian and I like asian themes lol.

People think pandas are a joke, but there are probably as many people who think they're cool also.

Hey guys...what's up with the guild? Been on the last day and it seems kinda dead

Cylia and I have been playing Horde for a while, leveling up our own little guild that that we started up a couple of years ago.

We bounce back and forth some, so all of our Alliance play is in Redeemed, and our Horde play is in Strong Tower.

Just for fun, Outland was around before World of Warcraft and was featured in Warcraft 2.

Check out these two if you have an hour or so to waste :
"Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness" (1995)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwyDr0VUsA
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal" (1996)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVFXi5AIO5w

What I keep waiting for is player controlled gnomish submarines!

The storyline and content releases were off anyway..

It should have been vanilla, wotlk, tbc if you go inline with the warcraft 3 storyline..

Back