Guild Wars Christmas Raffle

Echodelta

I have a stack (250) of Silver Zaishen Coins that I’m raffling off. I figured since I’m handing out my other items on a “first come, first served” basis, I’d hold a raffle for the silver coins since it’s a higher value to give everyone a chance.

What are Silver Zaishen Coins?

A copy/paste from Guild Wiki: “Silver Zaishen Coins are part of the reward of Zaishen Challenge Quests and can be used for different goals, such as unlocking pet tiers in the Zaishen Menagerie.” They can also be exchanged for regular skill tomes, tonics, scrolls, as well as unlocking PVP rewards.

Each silver coin is converted from 50 copper coins. I convert them to silver coins for better management in my inventory. How did I get a stack of silver coins? I completed many many, Zaishen Challenge quests across several characters. It took about 3 months.

Price of a Silver Coin: Since the update that made Zaishen coins tradeable, silver coins sell from 1.5k to 2k each.

Silver coins can also be converted to Gold Zaishen coins. Gold coins can then be exchanged for a variety of items such as Zaishen keys, equipment packs, elite skill tomes and weapons.

I would recommend selling them since the payoff is better. For example, sell them for 1.8k each: 250 x 1800 = 450,000 gold. Use gold to buy Zaishen keys at 5500 each = 81 Zaishen keys. Or use gold to buy ectos at 7500 each: 450,000 / 7500 = 60 ectos. There are many possibilities and I will leave it up to the winner :)

About the raffle:

The raffle is open to any Guild Wars player registered with the Christian Gamers Alliance (CGA).

Rules: one entry per CGA user name and Guild Wars account. The raffle is open to players who do not have 50/50 in their HoM. In other words, having 50/50, is the disqualification.

To enter the raffle: reply in this thread using this entry:

Raffle – “CGA username” – “Guild Wars main name”

This way, I can look up your GW name using the Hall of Monuments Calculator.

The raffle starts today, December 13, 2011 and will run until Saturday, December 24th. I will use random.org’s List Randomizer to determine the winner. After inputting the names of the entries, I will choose the first name at the top of the list as the winner of the raffle.

Note: From December 29th through January 3rd, I will be out of town and will not have access to Guild Wars. So if I am unable to meet prior to December 29th, the winner would have to wait until I return.

I hope I’ve covered everything. Feel free to ask any questions because I may have missed something :)

Good luck, Merry Christmas & God Bless!

Last edited:
Does or does not have 50/50?
Raffle CGA: Ursen GW: Ursina Cristeen

Last edited:
Naafiysh, you might want to consider opening up your raffle to folks that do not have 50/50. Not many have achieved that yet and those of us that have really don't need the money anymore.

The only disqualification is that the player does not have 50/50 in their Hall of Monuments Calculator.

Sorry I reworded this wrong. The raffle is open to players who do not have 50/50 in their HoM. In other words, having 50/50, is the disqualification.

Edited original post :)

Last edited:
I have 9 entries thus far:

1. Ursen IGN:: Ursina Cristeen
  2. Brydon IGN:Obi Kaybee
  3. Kyrel Ruth IGN: Kyrel Aeryn
  4. -Jeffrey- IGN: Ow That Nips
  5. Prophet Elhanan IGN: Prophet Elhanan
  6. Valora Maris IGN: Valora Maris
  7. gerrtGSU06 IGN: Gaius Borthwick
  8. Abba San IGN: Abba Lahav
  9. DZwart IGN: Loew Krug

Entries for the raffle will end at 9pm PST on Saturday December 24th. I'll be out of town for the Christmas weekend. I should be returning around the evening on Monday the 26th. I will input all entries in the list randomizer. The first player on the list is the winner. I will post a screenshot of this as well to ensure everyone was included.

And the winner is Ursen! Here's a screenshot of the list randomizer to ensure everyone was included:

GWRaffle1Winner.jpg

As previously mentioned, I'll be out of town from Thursday the 27th through Monday, January 2nd. So Ursen if you're available to meet either tomorrow or Wednesday, please let me know. I can log in during the day from about 10am to 1pm PST. I may be able to log in Wednesday evening but unsure of the time.

Congratulations!

BTW, I will hold 1 to 2 more high-value raffles early next year :)

Hmmm time calculator says EST 1300-1600 (1-4PM)on Tuesday 27th, yup my play time during the day will be there. And Abba pppppfffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbtttttt. :p

Hmmm time calculator says EST 1300-1600 (1-4PM)on Tuesday 27th, yup my play time during the day will be there. And Abba pppppfffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbtttttt. :p

I should be finished with Urgoz by then. So see you in about 2 hours :)

Thank you very much Munchkin, still working on what to do with them. May just turn to gold and zkeys directly. I'm terrible at trades and selling. And Kyrel thanks, and hang in there your time will come.

Last edited:
I'm much more amused at Derk's last place. For some reason that tickles my tummy to no end!

Back