Guild Wars 2 - Free trial this weekend

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Link to promotion is here:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/try-guild-wars-2-for-free-this-weekend-april-19-21/

To get a key, just pick one of the listed sites and go there. Last I checked each had upwards of 10,000 left...they may simply have you sign up for the site to get one. Download for the game is 17GB, so if you're interested I'd consider getting a key early and get that download started now.

GW2 is stellar, and CGA has a very active community in-game, so if you have any questions feel free to let me know! Actually even if you don't have questions, let me know so I can come find you this weekend and play together. :)

Bump for this.

If you like DAoC-style PVP, get in on this and make a character and just go WvW. Youre bumped up to 80 and you get to WvW with the big boys and girls.

Bleh, 17GB is a bit much for 2 days (i.e. ~4 hours) of playtime. Generally, I like to spend more time playing than downloading.

Well there's always the possibility of doing other things while the game is downloading... :D

Bleh, 17GB is a bit much for 2 days (i.e. ~4 hours) of playtime. Generally, I like to spend more time playing than downloading.
Overnight download!

Also, this is why bandwidth caps are of the devil.

Found you one on ZAM! Sent via PM. Other outlets that may have keys are Ten Ton Hammer, GameSpot, Twitch.TV, Curse, and PC Gamer. MMORPG is out of keys. If anyone needs another key, you can get them here with a super quick sign-up: http://www.zam.com/giveaways/guild-wars-2.html

Once you get a key, create an account and log in at guildwars2.com. Under the account section you can add your trial key and start the client download.

If you want to hook up with other CGA folks in game, you can:

Also in case you didn't see the sale thread: GW2 is 1/3 off until April 28...so if you like it, you can download it for $40. No subscription fee, gem shop is purely cosmetic, and you can also convert in-game gold to gems to be used in the cash shop.

Also a quick note: if you had a key from the November weekend, that will work here as well. Just fire that puppy up, log in, and download the updates.

Back