GOT TO SEE AVATAR....IT'S SOOO GREAT

Saw This on Saturday night in 3d!

It is amazing how far 3d movies have come, and this one was fantastic! One of my favorites and easily the most visually stunning movie I have ever seen...

Great movie! You just get immersed in the world. He has such a great imagination!

The story line reminded me of FF7 a little bit...

We just saw it tonight in 3D - A visually stunning movie. If they had air shoot out of the seat in front and scent sprays....you'd be lost in the movie forever!!!

The special effects in that movie were the best I've ever seen, but the story was tripe. There were more instances of James Cameron pushing his environmentalist/new age propaganda in the movie than I can readily count. Plus, they portrayed the marines as a bunch of bloodthirsty thugs. Throughout the movie I found myself rooting for the supposed 'bad guys'.

I only got the impression that the 'bought out' guys were the bad ones. The marines were doing what they were told to do, which is their job. If the US were to decide to join up with United Nations and went to war with Israel, wouldn't the Marines have to do what they are told? It's tough when you sign up with a government job. The story is an old one, I've read it more than once in other Science Fiction types by McCaffrey and others.

The 3D is the best part with a pretty good additon to the old story line ie: the natives of the planet and their special lives with the avatar's being thrown in. Seemed a great addition.

I agree Schmeea.

I've read in more than one review that's it's a modern day Dances with Wolves, but instead of cowboys and indians it's marines and aliens.

Cameron is showing his true truehuggerish feelings by getting us to sympathize with the plight of the natives and the saving of the environment. There is no middle ground for compromise which is a tell-tale liberal ideal. Save every tree, let the people starve.

That being said, the story is one with the ability to resonate with people as it has been told over and over again throughout history. The "weak" triumph over the strong.

The 3D is amazing and should not be missed. Thought it was pretty amazing Steven Spielberg said after walking out of Avatar :

The last time I came out of a movie feeling that way it was the first time I saw Star Wars.

we considered seeing the movie over the Christmas break, but after reading Teh Baehr's review, opted out for now. Here is his review:

http://www.movieguide.org/box-office/6/10075-avatar

That review is from someone just looking for something to gripe about. The movie is not "shallow and abhorrent". It is an excellent movie overall. It has great scenery, and even though the plot is not taken out of the New Testament, it is a well done story. I have seen it once and plan on going again. It is high on my list of favorite movies now.

It is entertainment, not evangelism. That reviewer would give anything short of a Billy Graham crusade 2 thumbs down.

I think that reviewer must not like people with imaginations or the concept of fantasy at all. The special effects were awesome and my son said half way through that we need to own it so he can watch it again and again lol. We bought the game for the xbox360 for $19.99 but I haven't got to try it yet.....I want that flying mount....beautiful!

Movie reviewer Ted Baehr has a wonderful ministry. I met him at one point when he visited our church and have read his books. He is a very nice man, though some may have a differing opinion on the movie which is fine, he still has a called ministry to folks. I think its helpful to point out some of the areas we as Christians need to be aware of. He would probably also be critical of wow, but I still respect him and respect his ministry and opinions and many times I agree with him totally after having seen movies he has reviewed.

Last edited:
I've not looked at the review, but I do agree that in our 'gaming' or fantasy enjoyment, we have to be careful to not let it become our 'everything' or our idol. There are things that I have questions about even in WoW and as an adult Christian, I can dissiminate those thoughts and feelings and talk to God about helping me stay close to Him. Younger people might not be able to do that. That is one reason I like Aion, there are is a lot more 'modesty' (at this time anyway) and less 'demonology' etc in the playing toons.

Still, God has the biggest imagination of all of us, after all, He created us, the world, the universe and gave us our imaginations and I don't think He'd be opposed to us using our imaginiation as long as it doesn't detract from our love and serving Him.

Back