Got a job offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSquared

I really haven't been around much the last several weeks. I've been dealing with being unemployed and it actually leaves me with less free time to spend, so I haven't been on-line much.

I've been out of work for 4 months and got my first job offer on Thursday. I can really use prayer support on this. The job is 2 hours south of where we live, requiring me to pack up my family and move. The job also has some required travel. It's not an easy step to take, so we want clear understanding/guidance/peace in this situation.

I have a local interview on Monday, but it's a 3-month contract using my programming skills from over 10 years ago. In other words, it's using fairly old technology which is rather boring. But I figure I'll see if there is an opportunity to learn newer skills.

I need to make the decision this week. I don't want to take it simply because it is the first offer to come along. I want to be sure this is the new direction God is sending me and my family. Thanks in advance for all your support.

I have accepted the job and start on June 1st!!! We can continue to use prayers during this transition. Since I'll be commuting weekends, my wife will be on her own with our 2 kids. She can really use prayer for strength, stamina, patience as she watches them without me. Our kids are 3 (next month) and 5. Our 5 year old is starting to get sassy (I hear it's typical of 5 year olds/kindergartners) and our 3-year old is just now showing signs of the terrible 2's.

I am very excited about this opportunity. I can't wait to start. It will be weird leaving where we live, but we look forward to new opportunities.

that's cool ssquared.

I'll continue praying that God blesses u and yours!
smile.gif

Thanks! So far, so good! I am really enjoying the job and the new area. Lots of wide open spaces, biking trails, quietness. I am even more excited about the move.

Job-wise, I was mostly just reading documentation and installing software. Hopefully this next week I can start resolving some bugs. Everyone has been very friendly and graciously welcoming me. They even have an Espresso machine! YUM!

My apartment is a futon, a computer, and dining table. Very simple, eh? Unfortunately I do not have internet, so my on-line time will vary each week. If I want to use an internet computer, I need to sign up in the apartment and they only have one with a 56k modem and full of spyware/adware. I'm home over the weekends, which will be my main internet time. It's actually a blessing, as I'll be able to have more free time. I'm hoping to spend more time reading, writing, and studying C#/Java stuff.

alright im glad its workin out for ya. hope u get a better apartment though
biggrin.gif

Well, the apartment's nice...I just didn't bring much with me. Just the very basics: something to sleep on, something to eat on, and a computer. The apartment has a refrigerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back