Golgaros Vespa

Zeromus

I was going to post this in the roleplaying forum, but it isn't really in character, so I'll post it here. Alot of you have tried to get me (the character) to open up about the past. I want it all to be a secret in the game world with clues here and there, but I hate it when people "pull teeth" with me. Without further ado, here is the profile for Golgaros Vespa.

Golgaros Apsalus Vespa
Server/Realm: Percival/Albion
Race: Avalonian
Class: Sorcerer
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Pale Green
Hair: Charcoal
Alignment: Neutral (Trying to be Good)
Guild: Knights of the Trinity
Family: Father/Mother (Vanished), Maudin Barton (Younger Half-Brother), Eydis Barton (Mentor)
Allies: Yigowin, Tody, Odale, Kedilissa, Icthuss, Chivah, Roerie, Mythros
Followers: Bugrol Shalefist, Ennio Bangellia
Enemies: Suluclac Savaant

Golgaros was born into the world from parents who were believed to be foreigners from another land. He and his alleged half-brother, Maudin, were left to the church when they were very young. Growing up in the church warped Golgaros' mind as he constantly witnessed many deaths from disease, but saw little work from the god whom the church worshipped. It was his belief that death did infact exist, but a god seemed to be nonexistant.

When he was 16, he attained the title of Cleric, but his lack of pure faith made him very awkward and . Being an Avalonian, he often drempt of becoming a mage, but his superiors did not allow him to partake of any magical training.

He grew up alongside Maudin and a Cleric named Eydis Barton. To the orphans, she was like a mother, and taught them about life, faith, and love. Maudin (who was in training to become a Paladin), would often train under her wing while Golgaros would usually be stuck with the church's mundane tasks and errands. This special attention made him grow quite jealous over the years and he began to look at Maudin as a rival rather than a brother. One day, however, his life changed forever.
Upon returning from a mission to help a priest in Prydwen, Golgaros saw Maudin weeping near Eydis; she was dying from an unknown disease. The other priests had been called to help a large number of wounded men on the battlefields, so there was little time to be lost.
Golgaros tried his very best to heal Eydis, but his efforts were in vain and she passed from the world. With tears in his eyes, and pain in his heart, he forever cursed the church and fled from it, leaving his brother into the church's care.

For days he ran, but he didn't seem to care. Nothing could bring back the one he called mother, and the shame he had taken on as her death was too much to bear. His travels eventually lead into a nearly endless mass of trees. Confused by the sea of trees he set up a small camp. In his dreams he could hear a strange voice calling out to him. "The answer is close," it said, "Come to the lowlands and all shall be revealed." Upon waking the forest seemed natural to him and he ventured to Lyonesse.

It was there he met an older man in garb of black and dreadful power which resonated around him. The man was known as a Necromancer; one who could summon the dead to do his bidding. The young Golgaros was very frightened by the sheer forces he could sense. It was then that he realized this was the man who had called him; his name was Suluclac. Behind the wretched man was a body wrapped in dark cloth; it was the body of Eydis. Suluclac had known all too well what had transpired recently in Golgaros' life and offered him a dreadful choice; either Golgaros would join him and cause chaos, or Suluclac would control Eydis' body to further his evil devices. This caused Golgaros to go into a bloodlust and he attacked the Necromancer, but to no avail. Bloodied and exhausted, Golgaros cried out for his life to end, but the evil man just stood and chuckled.

"You have great power running through your veins, and yet you do not use it as it should be used. Become my slave and I promise to keep your dear "mother" safe so long as you spread my ambition."

Golgaros gnashed his teeth and bowed to the superior Suluclac; he was now enslaved.
Days later, Golgaros became a full fledged Sorcerer as Suluclac wished. He would spread death to Albion as well as against the other realms. He was also given an incredibly rare and powerful staff made from pure chaos. When equipped it makes the user incredibly powerful, but can quickly lead to insanity. Golgaros' heart became even more cold, and Eydis' death haunted his soul. Eventually he became a cold shell of a man who had given his soul to save the one whom had he called mother so long ago.

The Sorcerer trained long and hard over months, and became very skilled at handling creatures as well as realm enemies. He would later become known as the "Wasp who stings without dying", and as such he named himself Golgaros Vespa. During his travels he met two unlikely adventurers: Bugrol Shalefist and Ennio Bangellia. Upon saving both their lives, they offered to assist Golgaros in anyway possible. With new plans spinning in his head, he had one goal in mind.

..He would slay Suluclac and finally become free.

I have not and will not read your post so that I can help keep in the spirit of role play. I do apologize for not being more available to join you, for as you know, roleplay is unfortunatly rare in a server such as this. But do not stop and keep on having fun and I'll try and join in whenever I can. Thanks for being such a fun spirit and a blessing to our guild.

Great work!

I know sometimes roleplay makes people uncomfortable. I have enjoyed what you have done so far.

Burgol is one of my favorite people.

The dark side of Golgaros is interesting. It will be a blessing to watch him evolve.

It adds a certain element to KoT we dont have much of. I RP about as well as i do my homework
tounge.gif
. SO.... with that having been said... off to not do my homework! <ultimate procrastinator is right here>

I'm glad everyone's enjoying my profiles. I'm going to go see "Passion" in about a half hour. It also takes a half hour to get to the town where it's being played, so I'll write up an actual story about one of my lesser known characters on the way there. Hopefully I'll get it done and post it when I return.

Back