Getting in TF2

DanR12

So I decided to bite the bullet and get TF2. I noticed we had the server and I loved our time on our Counter-Strike Server back in the day.

Now I had The Orange Box on the 360 (so I'm not a complete rookie to the game), but people online didn't understand the purpose of each class and played on their own without thought to the team. So I'm hoping with some quality people, I can get back into the game and enjoy it.

So if you haven't added me to your Steam list, go for it. My Steam ID is "[toj.cc] Dan12R" I'm looking forward to getting some matches in.

Last edited:
So I decided to bite the bullet and get TF2. I noticed we had the server and I loved our time on our Counter-Strike Server back in the day.
/cheer

Welcome to the chapter, sir!

Now I had The Orange Box on the 360 (so I'm not a complete rookie to the game), but people online didn't understand the purpose of each class and played on their own without thought to the team.
That's true on most pubs, but, usually, when the Tribe of Judah server has 12+ people on it, most players are ToJ members and know how to play as a team.

I understand what you mean, though. My favorite (and best) class is Medic, but I've been playing Pyro since Elihu started playing Warhammer Online. I would pick Medic, he would pick Soldier, and we would tear through most enemy teams.

If you find people who know how to "play well with others," the game is a blast. If players treat the game like team deathmatch, then it gets really old really fast.

So if you haven't added me to your Steam list, go for it. My Steam ID is "Dan12R" I'm looking forward to getting some matches in.
I tried searching for Dan12R via the Steam Friends tab but wasn't able to find you. :(

Dan12R welcome, the more the merrier. Don't expect extremely high levels of teamwork but I can certainly testify to Toj'ers filling needed roles and covering each other as compared to many public games of "we don't need 7 pyros -_-". I'd be more of a team player myself but steam doesn't like my mic so it hampers my ability to do so.

Yup the Eilhu + Tek combo "is" pwnage :)... "was" I mean T_T.

Last edited:
Sounds like need to get some sort of public plea for Elihu to get back into TF2. I'd like to see this awesome combination at work.

Last night was good times for those who were on the server. I was sad to learn that my mic is broke though. So now I need to get a new headset. If I can find this old microphone I have, I might just plug that in for now and run with that. If that works well, it would buy me time until I NEED to get a new headset.

Sounds like need to get some sort of public plea for Elihu to get back into TF2. I'd like to see this awesome combination at work.
Perhaps after Elihu gets into the flow of things in WAR, he'll grace us with his presence some weekend afternoon or evening.

Yup the Eilhu + Tek combo "is" pwnage :)... "was" I mean T_T.
/cry

Welcome to TOJ, depending on which side you're on I could either heal you or giving you covering fire or I could just burn you to a crisp before taunting. :p Hopefully it's the first. I'll see you ingame some time today. ;)

And don't worry about Gerbil's mic, his paws type quickly for being so small. xD

Good news. I found my mic. And it's pretty good. Esp. for being over a foot from my mouth. So I'll be able to get in the chatter now. I'll probably get on the server tonight, but not until after the Olympic pole-vault coverage (event starts at 10:10 EST).

Back