GameCube

Maddmedic

Have an 11 year old soon to be 12 whom wants a GameCube for his birthday. I told him if he takes money I know he'll get from Grandparents I will match...so if anyone has one they wish to move for a good price please let me know...
Thanks

yeah really costco has em for 129 with game. honestly get him x-box or ps2 the cube was the low end but if he does get cube then get him good games like metriod, super smash bros melee, and final fantasy chronicles was cheesey enough for 12 year olds

smash bros melee is the best game ever! (besides starcraft of course...) Me and my friend would play smash bros for 64 @ my house cuz I have it, but now he has a game cube, and we'll play it at his house for hours. If I ever got another console it would be the cube just for that game.
off topic but oh well... are there any new streetfighter games being made, or is that over with? Super street fighter 2 for snes was the 2nd best console game ever...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ July 31 2004,10:51)]yeah really costco has em for 129 with game. honestly get him x-box or ps2 the cube was the low end but if he does get cube then get him good games like metriod, super smash bros melee, and final fantasy chronicles was cheesey enough for 12 year olds
My boyz have a PS2 ..I don't understand why he wants a GameCube also....Guess I don't get the attraction of console games..sigh..

Gamecube is my favorite system right now it may not be the most powerful system (xbox) or have as many games (PS2) but the games it does have are quality games...
You can find Gamecubes refurbed at Gamestop/babages for $70 sometimes.

Good games I found skimming through my collection Need to find more time to beat these wow.
Metroid Prime
F-Zero (though really hard)
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,CV, and 4 soon
Smash Brothers
Metal Gear Solid
Soul Calibur 2
Skies of Arcadia!
SSX 3
Viewtiful Joe (Amazing)
LOZ Wind Waker
Tony Hawk
Super Mario Sunshine

Be warned, and caution: watch over your 11 year old with playing video games, Maddmedic.  You wouldnt want your 11 year old to be lazy with homework or pretending home sick when playing games or playing video games late night. Video Games is very addicting, such as Coffee and Smoking. And usually, don't get all the game systems or u'll end up having someone very bored.

I used to own 85% of Nintendo's and Sega's systems, and I sold all of them for $100.  
wow.gif

Maddmedic, you might want to watch out for some of those games in the list....I recommend checking out my website (pure-fun.com), or CCGR (ccgr.org).  Based on Exo's list, you might want to be cautious on these games:

Metroid Prime (Can be creepy)
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,CV, and 4 soon
Metal Gear Solid (Might have some cussing)
Soul Calibur 2 (Contains some immodest characters, see my review here)
Skies of Arcadia!
LOZ Wind Waker (Sometimes go on about alternate gods, review here)

Just a quick rundown for ya
cool.gif
blues.gif

GameCube has the cleanest games out compared to other systems. if you stick with nintendo games they are pretty kid safe, Mario Sunshine is good

on street fighter i think the latest is like Street Fighter Alpha 3 for ps2 or maybe one of the SNKvsCapcom games

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Aug. 02 2004,4:27)]Be warned, and caution: watch over your 11 year old with playing video games, Maddmedic. You wouldnt want your 11 year old to be lazy with homework or pretending home sick when playing games or playing video games late night. Video Games is very addicting, such as Coffee and Smoking. And usually, don't get all the game systems or u'll end up having someone very bored.

I used to own 85% of Nintendo's and Sega's systems, and I sold all of them for $100.
wow.gif
Trust me, my kids live under strict rules and expectations...not doing homework or messing up their schoolwork causes them much trouble..

All computer, video related items take 2nd place to being outside and active around here..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]on street fighter i think the latest is like Street Fighter Alpha 3 for ps2 or maybe one of the SNKvsCapcom games
sweet, I'll have to look into it. I think I saw a newer Street fighter once, but it was really fast, and it was kind of a button mashing game. That was a while ago though

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote  
on street fighter i think the latest is like Street Fighter Alpha 3 for ps2 or maybe one of the SNKvsCapcom games

sweet, I'll have to look into it. I think I saw a newer Street fighter once, but it was really fast, and it was kind of a button mashing game. That was a while ago though

I prefer Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on my Sega Dreamcast over any Street Fighter, KoF, or any fighting game from the 'newer' consoles.

*Hadoken, Hadoken, Shin....ku....HADOKEN!*
laugh.gif

PS2 and X-box has a bad rating to Marvel vs Capcom 2.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Trust me, my kids live under strict rules and expectations...not doing homework or messing up their schoolwork causes them much trouble..

All computer, video related items take 2nd place to being outside and active around here..

That's good.

I just picked up a 'cube myself off eBay (definitely worth checking out if you want some good deals) for a considerable discount. I don't really have the time to spend pouring hours into all the games on the PS2 (though at one point I did own one), and the only reason I would buy an XBox is to get both Halos. I love the lighthearted (for the most part) games on the cube...I don't mind spending the cash for a system that'll give me some chill-out time with Double Dash or Mario Golf.
smile.gif

im borrowin a cube so i can beat chrystal chronicles but thats only so i can say that i have beaten all FF's and honestly its really pathetic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 20 2004,2:32)]get him all the RE games Eternal Darkness Mortal kombat DA
I would stay away from those games (Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Mortal Kombat) even though I am 14!

Back