Game vs. Reality

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
GW players in game:
guild-wars-costume-brawl.jpg

GW players in reality
DSC_0374.jpg

Seems legit.

I know most of the female chars ingame are in reality guys. The line that I've heard from most guys is "If I gotta stare at some pixelized character's butt for hours, I'd rather stare at hers."

I'm assuming that most gamers aren't picturing themselves as being the character they control. The characters take on their own identities which is separate from my identity. (Just talk to Ursen for an hour and you'll get the point). Most of my characters are female but I have created a few male chars and I don't have an issue with it.

It's funny but when I pug, even though I'm on a female char, most of my teammates assume i'm a guy.

Oh yeah, I heard someplace....I think it was from STC.....

"On the internet, All the men are men, all the women are men and all the children are FBI."

"I feel pretty...oh so pretty...I feel pretty and witty and bright. And I pity any girl who isn't me tonight."

And a brown dye to anyone who knows the musical reference for that one.

"I feel pretty...oh so pretty...I feel pretty and witty and bright. And I pity any girl who isn't me tonight."

And a brown dye to anyone who knows the musical reference for that one.

I didn't google but I think it was West Side Story?

that's a brown dye for the Mighty Gerbil

I'd take it but I don't have GW loaded at the moment. I had to give the HD it was loaded on to someone. I'll just hit you up sometime when I get it installed again and I am feeling brown :p ... Wait I'm a Gerbil I always feel brown :p .

Last edited:
I just received a note from the members of clan Erse, delivered by Ursina. "We absolutely will not discuss our respective reality, but we will dismiss your reality off hand." :p

Oh yeah, I heard someplace....I think it was from STC.....

"On the internet, All the men are men, all the women are men and all the children are FBI."

That does sound like something I would say.. I'll take credit for it ;)

I know most of the female chars ingame are in reality guys. The line that I've heard from most guys is "If I gotta stare at some pixelized character's butt for hours, I'd rather stare at hers."
I've heard that a bit. Also, "you're more likely to be given free loot as a female character."

Oh internets. lol

What female profession will get me free booze? And just how scantily clad must I be?

My response to that tends to be that if you're staring at your character you aren't looking at your surroundings carefully enough.

Back