Game Updates

-Jeffrey-

I just felt we needed a thread to talk about game updates :D

I have to say, I was extremely pleased with the Thursday, January 5, 2012 update. Massive buff to many of the underpowered Elementalist skills, while lowering the DPS of SoS and DwG ritualist builds to balance them more against other damage builds.

Master of Magic might actually be viable now, seeing as it boosts all elemental attributes to 14 at Energy Storage 14 and doesn't end when you cast a non-elementalist spell. This means you could spec 12 into an attribute of another profession, which makes this almost overpowered.

Shockwave now deals conditions on top of the AoE damage that it already did. The weakness could provide additional synergy for skills such as Stoning and Glowstone, while blinding melee that are attacking you.

Shatterstone and Water Trident now deal AoE damage, which is quite a buff to Water Magic, often seen as the underdog element.

Invoke + Chain Lightning now cause unconditional exhaustion, reducing their spammability, which I completely agree had to be done. Also exhaustion has been halved for many spells.

Star Burst could actually come into use, with its AoE burning and energy gain. PBAoE spikers might come back into play in PvP.

There's even more awesome updates to Elementalist, I couldn't list them all. The only update that upsets me is that Mist Form no longer negates damage. While I didn't use Mist Form much, I was using it to teach people how to farm, because it uses the same ideas as perma-SF farming builds.

Oh, Hard Mode also had an update. All enemies now have decreased armor and increased health. This is mainly to nerf Armor-Ignoring Damage slightly (Discordway, Cryway, Spiritway, Surgeway, etc.) and makes elementalists even more viable.

I was using a Double Dragon build to farm feathers but since the spell has changed dramatically, I tried using Star Burst. Amazing results :) But I am bummed about Invoke Lightning. I rarely used Chain Lightning due to the 2-second casting time. I'm about speed :D

Back