Game Design daydreaming: What do you have in your notebooks now?

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
This is a thread for those of us with high hopes and aspirations and ideas that we really think could sell. Without going into too many details, tell us what you're hiding back there -- maybe we can give you ideas to polish some of them up.

Currently I have:

a Heroes of Might & Magic-themed DOTA, focusing on town-based combat and jungling.
a modified 2D fighting game featuring fully featured fighting styles (based on real fighting styles) and fun arcade (think pinball or bullet hell) interactive elements.
an updated version of the original Shining Force game
some sort of an RPG with unique class play. By which I mean class progression that is unique to each class.

I would post a little in this thread but it would take to long. Why dream when I should be living it and working on my maps XD.

Besides I'm all secretive about my revolutionary ideas ^^. I basically have ideas for just about every genre except sports and puzzle which I don't like.

Last edited:
Im just getting into coding, and focusing on mobile devices (iOS and Android). Since we are turning into a Mac family (except for my Windows gaming rig..), I am starting with iOS. My kids have an iPad that they share for school, and my daughters (5 and 3) love to play tick-tac-toe, I am making my first project be one of those.

I also have an idea for a text based "choose your own adventure game" :) I wish I had more time to devote to it. As it is I only get to pick them up on the random weekend where my wife is out shopping, and all the kids are "busy".. :)

I also have an idea for a text based "choose your own adventure game" :) I wish I had more time to devote to it. As it is I only get to pick them up on the random weekend where my wife is out shopping, and all the kids are "busy".. :)
Funny, I had a similar idea some time ago. Only mine wasn't going to be a fixed storyline. Instead it was going to be setup so you could continually add to the story. I thought it might help with some concept ideas by allowing branching. I currently have it partially built in c#. It utilizes an Access database for storing the various stories and their diverging "threads". No need to have Access - the program creates the database (empty) if it isn't present. I'll eventually get around to making it fully functional.

I think I still have some design notes from 2007 or 2008 for a touchscreen puzzle game. With the right developers and artists, I'm confident it could be an awesome game. Trouble is, I have no programming or art skills to speak of (and, unfortunately, not much time to develop either).

Back