fy_dahishouse

Talon

This thread is dedicated to the making, testing, and prototype of fy_dahishouse for cs source. Based off of the cs1.6 custom map fy_dahizhousez. Also this thread is dedicated to help others with hammer get started on making maps for cs source, hl2 death match and hl2.

Ok, so far I have one complete house just built. Everything is about right, spacing is good. Now i'm applying textures to it, it looks dull with all brick textures. Then lighting, spawn points, weapons, everything. Then after the 1 house is done, just select all, copy, move 180 degrees and wam, i'm almost done.

Sweet, i just cant get the Hamme thing, i dont like it at all, for those that do MOH and CoD work, Radiant is alot better program, alot easier to work with. So congrats on figuring that thing out! And building that, thats awsome!

I know, the textures and lighting is all messed up, plus no ground, still working on it. I'm standing on top of the under ground tunnel in the shot.

Talon said:

I know, the textures and lighting is all messed up, plus no ground, still working on it. I'm standing on top of the under ground tunnel in the shot.
Hey, that's pretty cool! Looking forward to the finished product. :)

I've always wanted to make maps...I just never got around to learning Hammer. I wish there were a better solution. :-/

its looking good. You should think about adding stuff to it to make it a little different from the 1.6 version ;)

There, texturing and lighting is done. 48 lights on that thing so far. There is only 1 glitch that i know of so far, and i'm trying to fix it. Its gonna have some puddles of water and maybe a tree or 2. And there will be 1 bright light for the sun, prolly 10000 amplitude, the most i used so far is 1000 amplitude.

I'm also thinking about 2 versions of it. 1 with just 2 houses across from each other, and another with 4 houses (fy_dahis4houses_1garage) sitting in a square format, with 1 house having a garage with a car in it.

Last edited:
Map is almost done, IM or Email me if you want the copy so far. I still have to do spawn points, weapons, finish and connect tunnel, and make buy zone on roofs.

Bingo, prototype 1 is done. IM me @ AIM: Talon3950547 Yahoo: majortalon18 or email me compmil [at] gmail [dot] com for the map to test. If anyone has suggestions please do suggest them. I'm still learning also. Also if you find a problem, glitch, something that doesnt match then please post back with a screen shot and where it is so i can fix it. (i.e. use imageshack for posting pics)

I've spent about 3 days on this map, mostly learning and expermenting.

Can you create an ub3r fun map like a aim-ak-colt / like custom map like cclub or / paintballarnea, and have it like set up with single WEIRD weapons, like para or have a maze with traps... with knives only... :D

that's a good idea!

cclubbreakin/ka_legoland = super knife fight!

A simple map would do... xcept for 1.6? :p

then it would go on toj custom server... :p

ok a few things
make the map/houses a little bit wider

the spawn areas are way to small compaired to the 1.6 version. Make the stair case steeper and push it back a bit. Same thing with the stairs leading to the second floor.

The textures for the second story of the floors is different from the rest of the floors in the houses and the footsteps sound weird.

the two little sheds need to be pushed back torwards the houses, one near ct house the other near T house. The armor that is supposed to be in the sheds is missing aswell.

the roofs of the houses dont have a buy zone.

Fix the skybox ;) or get rid of it and make a 3D skybox.

its a box floating in the sky :D

:p

its a box you put around the map and it basicly makes what you see when you look up, also gets rid of leaks

SilentAssassin said:
mmmm... so when you have a skybox, u can get on top correct? and with skybox u can skyWALK?

You can go to the top with no gravity or little gravity, but you cant skywalk.

Some screen shots of fy_dahishouse_proto2.

First floor Ct side:

Other house through scout scope, notice the windows cs source style:

2nd floor ct side:

Ct side outside house:

Facing ct side:

Ladder T side:

Walking on side of map near shack:

In bottom tunnel sniping Roof:

Still working on the thing. Skybox fixed, and the shacks are fixed, still working on widening map and making it shorter.

:OOO

Ur making me want to get cs:source even though i have a 16MB integrated graphix chip on my comp!

wel, i got my 5700go on lappie!

SilentAssassin said:
:OOO

Ur making me want to get cs:source even though i have a 16MB integrated graphix chip on my comp!

wel, i got my 5700go on lappie!
Depending on your other things on your laptop, that 5700go will handle source about 40fps or so. (at least mine did)

Back