FRUSTRATED WITH CS SERVER

Vanaze

Okay, I'm just about tired of the CS server lately. Whenever I'm on, with the exception of a few times, there is no admin present, and no way of dealing with the hoodlums who frequent our quaint little server. I've heard tons of complaints from other ToJ'rs as well as .fls. guys as well.

Look, when there ARE admins present, they do an outstanding job, but, more often then not, there isn't an admin present.

I in no way, shape, or form mean this in a demeaning way to the present admins, but for Pete's sake guys, c'mon....We need to do something about this.

It's getting old, fast, and I find myself abandoning the CS server for other, non-Christian servers more often than not.

All I'm asking for is for you higher ups, Elite and such, to revise our current admin list to responsible members who are online more.

Be angry with me if you wish, but I'm just tired of having to enter the server to relax and play a game only to be bombarded with foolish, obnoxious snots that so often come to ToJ: CS.

If all else fails, I'm just going to go to other places and deal with the obnoxious snots on their territory.

If anyone is with me on this one, please, post here in agreement or with your own comments so that I don't look like a ranting moron.

Van

PS Last time I asked for this, I got poo-poo'd aside as if it didn't really matter, for whatever reasons, and it really, honestly t'd me off to no end. All I'm asking for is FAIR, OBJECTIVE view on this. If some of our admins AREN'T ABLE TO ADMINISTRATE, WHY ARE THEY STILL ADMINS? Stick more available people on it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's getting old, fast, and I find myself abandoning the CS server for other, non-Christian servers more often than not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Be angry with me if you wish, but I'm just tired of having to enter the server to relax and play a game only to be bombarded with foolish, obnoxious snots that so often come to ToJ: CS.

You mean like me? "play a game only to be bombarded with foolish, obnoxious snots that so often come to ToJ: CS.

I agree, it is very annoying dealing with these 'hoodlums'. But, the admins do a very good job of dealing with them when they are on. If it got better, I would play on the toj server a lot more
smile.gif
The admins try hard, and they have lives of their own, they don't get paid for being an admin, so they should'nt always be available, but it would be nice if some more admins were added to the list.
smile.gif
But overall, good job with the server, im just happy its open again
biggrin.gif

The only reason that I can see is, because no admin is online at 12 am, unless u can make a auto-admin?

I was online late night and man, a lot swearers and bad sprays in toj|cs, that even broke the rules, tisk tisk tisk. . .fools.

If you want the condump from late nights 'swearers', just post here, and i'll mail it to you. as for the sprays, should of took a picture of them for proof, oh well.

Van, we have lives outside of CS. There are admins from all across the country, from East to West. I don't know when you play but Very seldom when I join the server there isnt another admin on. Your going to have to be more specific on when you are playing and there are no admins. I got off at 1am MST and all was well. You can't expect us to be on all night, even on weekends.

Cory

I agree, Thad, I almost never don't see an admin on. You may also want to try getting others to make more use out of the vote command in console.

El Jefe de Nadie
spooky wooky wooky:D

Listen bro, we all have different life styles, personalities, and such. Elite has a job, and he's hands are full, as much as other admins or normal members. With that he still tries to do a lot for ToJ CS chapter, and I think least we could do, is respect them. Besides there is a list of admins we can contact. With 1.6, we do not have the old sound glitch, so we can pause, go out, contact the admins, see whos on. The admins can't be on 24/7, they have to go to work, eat, sleep, etc. Don't we all?
smile.gif
when your frustrated, act like a christian. Show example to us, be patient.

ToJ Admins

This link should help, bookmark it, so u can use it quickly when u need it.

See? this is PRECISELY what I wanted to avoid. Admins have now taken offense to this, have NOT looked at it objectively, and now this topic will promptly be forgotten about.

Flash, Thad, I'm quite aware that you guys have lives, so please don't belittle me by implying I didn't realize that...

And look, I can't tell you what times I'm online, because I don't have a specific "I'm going to sit down and play Counter-strike" time.

Flash - I've been patient, I've continued to be patient, I've brought this topic up many, many times, only to be shot down and have ToJ members basically despise me, thinking of me only as a trouble maker. Not fun.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I in no way, shape, or form mean this in a demeaning way to the present admins, but for Pete's sake guys, c'mon....We need to do something about this.

Read that? PLEASE read it again. And again, if you must. The last thing I want to do is have current admins angry with me. It happened last time, and I didn't want that.

You guys are NOT taking an objective stance on this!
You're taking the "Well I'm not going to sit around and listen to this hubbub" stance, because you feel like this topic targets you -- it doesn't.

Y'know what, guys? Sure you always see and admin on when you get on. YOU'RE AN ADMIN! You don't have the issues us other players have, because you ALWAYS have the ability to knock someone off or llama smartaleks and all that jazz.

So, please, step back, take a breath, and look at this again.

Van

And yes, I'm quite aware of the admin list, and at any given time, most of those admins are AFK or something. Unreachable, one way or the other.

Keep in mind that at least for me ... I tend to forget that I have my away message on and don't turn it off. So if you see an admin online, it can't hurt to IM them saying the ToJ server needs an admin and just see what happens. I do not take offense to your statement and if it comes to it, we'll look into getting more admins that are available throughout the day times.

THANK YOU a large amount that i cannot put into words.

That's all I wanted, was a CONSIDERATION

If you can give me good reason NOT to have more, or exchange current admins for others, I'd shut my mouth.

That's all I'm asking for, is to be put in my place :p

Van

Van,

I didnt take offense. If it came across that way, sorry. I was just trying to get across that we are not always going to be on the server. Also, its not hard to look at a clock when you have problems and note the time. If its in the middle of the day in the middle of the week, there isn't a whole lot of options but there are some. I'm sure the powers-that-be will look into it as Goose said.

Cory

Van,

None of the admins have taken offense. I understand your frustration and I honestly don't think we've blown you off or taken this issue lightly. We have strived to make this server an enjoyable place for all, but I think we've done everything we can short of granting admin access to everyone. That is certainly not the answer.

What suggestions do YOU have to make this better for everyone? I'd seriously like to know. Maybe it's something we haven't thought of or taken into consideration.

I've heard from several ToJ members that they would be delighted if we had even a COUPLE of more admins added, perhaps ones that we all know and frequent the server more than the majority of the admins are ABLE to.

Perhaps you should do what a couple friends of mine do with their servers:

Server admins have to be able to log in a certain amount of time each day/week or whatever time amount you might decide on.
They also take votes, which could be made anonymous by people who are a part of ToJ:CS, and they vote on the reliability and effectiveness of admins.

I dunno, I"m sure I can think of some more efficient ways to do this, but right now I'm more concerned as to why my desktop can't see my router =\.

Network administrator in the house, anyone?

Van

how do we use the vote commands?? if we can use those fairly easyley then we shouldt have to much of a proplem

Link

basic web that shows a lot of useful admin_mod commands ones ur looking for are down there but i'll put'em up

admin_vote_map

Problem is, if not enough ToJ'rs/Christians are on, chances are, any given trouble maker might not, and probably won't, get booted.

still we will prolly have to work with it until more admins are selected and actually play. now even if we aint admins could we still use these commands?

Back