Friday June 24, 2016

BlockHeadLewie

Ephesians 6:15 said:
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Rather interesting this is the next verse in line considering the things I've been facing lately! Praise God!
I have heard many people say: "In our walk with Christ we can be sure nothing will go wrong." This is, as many followers of Jesus will attest to, is completely false. Jesus Himself told us in John 16:33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
If Jesus Himself says we are to face tribulation (meaning things will appear to go wrong somehow) then who are we to argue? But because He has indeed overcome the world, we should not be as worried as we are; We should be at peace. The ONLY way to have true peace is in Jesus, nothing or no one else. Period.
Every step we take in our lives must be made with a sense of confidence. Our stride and pace should never seem to be rushed, but instead deliberate and dedicated. As long as we stay focused on the Truth the Gospel proclaims, we are prepared to face basically anything. After all, Jesus already walked ahead of us to prepare things for when we arrive at that particular point of our lives.

Father in Heaven, we proclaim Your Truth as the only real Truth. Bring to our minds, our hearts and our lives the Peace which comes from Your Word, Your Will and Your Way. Even when things overwhelm us and overtake our thoughts and lives, help us to be prepared to walk with confidence and belief that You have indeed overcome the world. We ask this in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

Back