Friday July 15, 2016

BlockHeadLewie

I began this series of verses to give both myself encouragement through my situations as well as maybe show that even in the most serious of battles (like that which I'm going through) can be turned into Joy. I now come to the bindings which has the potential to not only strengthen our armor, but bring them all together with clarity:

Ephesians 6:18 said:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has given us His Word to fight and defend with. He has given us His Will so we might know what to fight, when to fight and why we are fighting. He has also given us His Way of fighting to replace our natural way to fight.
Since there is no desire in my heart to ignore God's Word which tells me to "Walk by faith, not by sight", prayer is an effective means to speak The Word into a situation. Prayer can define God's Will in a situation as well as bring ourselves into God's Will thanks to His Holy Spirit.
We have also been told by God that "My Ways are not your ways" and "My Thoughts are not your thoughts." Having understanding these things will bring Prayer into the forefront of our battles and regardless of the size or seriousness of the situation, our faith is expressed in prayer as a sort of battle cry!
Now Christ has bound us together as one body (Romans 12:5) so we are not alone in our battles. The prayers we offer to God are important for our battles, but we must never forget the other members of our body. We are not the only ones in battle! Prayers we speak into our situations are bolstered by the prayers of others praying for us, and vice-versa, giving us encouragement that we are not fighting alone. ("Two are better than one." Ecclesiastes 4:9)

Lord God there is none like You. Heavenly King You lead us into Victory. Almighty Father in Heaven, let Your Spirit flow in our lives so we might better understand Your Will and the desperate need of prayer. Bolster us with Your Word so we might know what to pray for. We pray that Your Way dominates our lives and the lives of those around us. We ask these things in the Mighty Name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Back