Friday July 1, 2016

BlockHeadLewie

Ephesian 6:16 said:
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

"Above all" makes it sounds important to me, what about you? I do believe blocking attacks is an important part of our fight against Satan. Notice the words "all the fiery darts"? Not one method Satan has can get past faith in Jesus! However "above all" doesn't mean more important. It means "in addition to these other things" and suggests a primary form of protection.
Breaking it down just a little we remember that "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) We also know "If God is for us, who shall stand against us?" (Romans 8:31) So with these thoughts our shield can be very strong indeed!
The shield that Paul refers to is a large wooden shield which covers the entire body. Paul suggests that faith is mightier than the mightiest assaults that can be hurled against our lives, and hence the shield. After all, God Himself said to Abram in a vision: "...Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." (Genesis 15:1) If He was a shield to Abram then, He can still be one to us today!

Glorious and Mighty Father, bring our faith into full view and guide it towards you and you alone so our efforts to block Satan's attacks become easier. Help us to shield ourselves from all fiery darts including those which come against us with intent to distract us from You. For it is You and You alone who guides and protects us and we take refuge in Your Will, Your Word and Your Way. We proclaim this in The Mighty Name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen.

Back