Freebies and Tips

Halonic

I don't reserve items. Don't post that you want something. Just see me in-game and I'll give it to you. I don't sell to guildies; always free.

Please don't take an item to sell it or trade it.....these are free for your personal use only:

Amber Wand
max earth dmg...req. 8 earth magic
halves casting time of spells (10% chance)
energy +5 (while health is above 50%)

Iridescent Aegis
Armor:16 req. 9 strength
Health +56 (while hexed)

Ornate Shield
Armor:16 req. 8 strength
Health +60 (while hexed)

More at a later date as I slim my pack down.

I've been selling stuff lately on Gw Guru auctions http://www.guildwarsguru.com/auction/
with some success. A few tips if you use it:

1) Don't set a reserve price. People don't like to bid in reserve price auctions. Just set a starting price u could live with and hope it gets more bids. I set a price on an Oni Blade the other day starting at 15k and it sold for 51k.

2) Warrior weapons bring the most cash. One of the features of the auctions lets you see how many people view your auctions. Warrior weapons wins hands-down.

Why? Wands/staffs/offhands/ are hardly ever customized. They stay in-game forever. Warrior weapons are almost always customized. Once customized they are out of the selling loop forever. For instance....I have 4 customized swords that I use regularly depending on the occasion.

I sold a requirement 13 GPB 15>50 for 20k the other day.....yes thats requirement 13. I started the bidding at 10k.

Best of all is that the auctions cost nothing at all.

Good luck and I'll try to answer questions if any of you have some.

Last edited:
1) Don't set a reserve price. People don't like to bid in reserve price auctions. Just set a starting price u could live with and hope it gets more bids. I set a price on an Oni Blade the other day starting at 15k and it sold for 51k.

Either I'm dreaming, or Halonic actually used the letter "u" in place of the word "you"...

There is a logical explanation for that (in best Vulcan voice). As I was typing I noticed a misspelled word. I tried to insert the correct letters and the word processor part of the field got really squirrely. I would have had to retype several lines to correct one little error. Putting "u" where I previously had "you" was the easiest way out.

More freebies found:

Cane
max Chaos Dmg (req. 11 Domination Magic)
Energy +5 (while health is above 50%)

Bronze Shield (crafters shield with same stats as Exalted Aegis)
Armor 16: req. 9 Strength
Reduces Physical Dmg -5: chance 20%
Health +30

Jade Wand
max Dark dmg: req. 8 Curses
Energy +5 (while Health is above 50%)

Celestial Shield
Armor 16: req. 10 Tactics
Reduces physical Dmg -5 (19% chance)

Morgriff's Scepter
Time Eater
Jayne's Staff
Shrouded Oni Daggers

One other note on Guru auctions. I have had good fortune selling upgrades (staff wrappings, axe grips.....etc.) I set these auctions to "Buy it Now" only....no bidding. I get the price to set from Guru forums "Price Check" thread: http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39

If it says 10-15k, I always set my price at the lowest end. I want to sell, not spend all day listing. This has worked well so far, of course I am only dealing in 20% mods and +30 or +29 health mods.

Honestly, Halonic, you must be amongst the richest people in Guild Wars. Now, don't hide it from us... how many plats do you have...

1000k is the most you can have in storage. I naturally have 1000k. My pack mule assassin can only have 100k in his pack and naturally he has 100k.

Naturally.

One more freebie:

Communing Focus (from crafter):
+12 Energy req. 9 communing
+1 communing (20% while using skills)
+30 Health

1000k is the most you can have in storage. I naturally have 1000k. My pack mule assassin can only have 100k in his pack and naturally he has 100k.

Naturally.

One more freebie:

Communing Focus (from crafter):
+12 Energy req. 9 communing
+1 communing (20% while using skills)
+30 Health

*jaw drops*

Anyway, like slalom said, thanks for the tipZ

Rago's Flame Wand - I could really use this. I've tried unsuccessfully many times to obtain this item, and have failed. I don't mind buying it, but I can't find anyone that wants to sell one, nor do I have enough money to purchase on if I did. I would be willing to pay all I could for it however.

I don't have any of Rago's stuff. Rago's drops on the Final Assault quest and usually on the Orozar quest in Sorrow's Furnace.

Guru price check forum says it goes for 20-25k. I would check three places if I wanted to buy one....War camp dist 1, Kaineng Center dist 1, or Lion's Arch dist 1.

Another tip for ya.

If you have an item that has a good mod on it that you want, save it. When Nightfall comes out, you'll be able to salvage what you want out of items instead of hope. Also, the item will still be there sans the mod so you can sell it afterwards. The only downside to this is that the price of some of these mods might go down a little since they will be easier to acquire. This should be a game-wide feature so if you don't have Nightfall, it should still work.

On second thought, since you'll be able to outfit your heroes in Nightfall, the mods may have an even greater demand since you will have many more characters to put weapons on.

Last edited:
If you have an item that has a good mod on it that you want, save it. When Nightfall comes out, you'll be able to salvage what you want out of items instead of hope.

Great idea. Wish I had thought of that last night. I expert salvaged a gold bow. The only mod it had on it was +30 health. Piece of cake? Nah.....I got 11 wood planks instead.

These are a few of the highest priced mods according to Guru price check:

20/20 Sundering for sword (55-75k)
+30 Fortitude for sword (40-60k)
20/20 Sundering for Axe (30-50k)

The only prices I disagree with on that forum are the dagger mod prices. It says 20-30k for dagger handle +30 health. I have had one forever and can't sell it for 15k. Daggers and their mods became increasingly harder to sell about the time folks realized that Assassins were being treated like they were HIV positive when they tried to get into groups.

Daggers and their mods became increasingly harder to sell about the time folks realized that Assassins were being treated like they were HIV positive when they tried to get into groups.

ROFL.
I have been using that Guru Auction site latley to sell items and I think it is really neat.

Sold my first item today :)

Last edited:
You're not doing anything wrong, those are just items no one really wants. No offense meant by that. The items that get all the bids are Warrior equipment and to a lesser extent, bows.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;187336 said:
You're not doing anything wrong, those are just items no one really wants. No offense meant by that. The items that get all the bids are Warrior equipment and to a lesser extent, bows.

Okay, I didn't think I was but I though I'd check. I've sold some stuff of Guru before and had about 4 or 5 feedback, but when I logged in the other day they were gone! Well, that's fine. Should I just merch them or try and sell them in-game?

Having trouble selling unidentified golds now that chest running has been nerfed?

I used to be able to sell them as fast as I picked them up. Haven't seen anyone asking for any in quite a while.

I was doing some inventory consolidation today and found out I had 18 unidentified golds. I could sell these previously for 1k each. What to do?

I put them on GW Guru auctions. I listed them in a "Buy It Now" auction advertising 18 unidentified golds for 15k. I made sure to post my IGN with the auction so the person could see if I was online and could get his items instantly.

Less than 24 hours went by before I sold them. I am identifying golds from Nightfall for the inscriptions but still sell offhands, wands, and staffs unidentified from prophecies and factions.

Bt the way, here is the link to that auction if you would like to see how I posted it:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/auction/item.php?id=280721

Last edited:
So this is just like Ebay, cept its free? i might have to start using it, i have been using Kel a little too much for my income (thanks Kel! :D). Thanks for all the tips guys.

Back