for all intensive perpossess i needs prayer

ok guys i need a cover of prayer badly, me and this girl im datin taylor are great together and we are both crazy about each other, however the temptation to do certain " things " is a lot stronger than i thot and im not nearly as prepaird as i thot i was to fight it. we havent done anything atm but im extremely afraid that i might fail, i really to care and love this girl which is why i dont want to break up with her but i really need strength so that i dont falture in my walk as i am just starting to get back where i shoiuld be in my walk with our lord jesus.
Thank You For Your Prayer,
Cameron

Praying.

Praying for God's protection and for your smarts. Praying you'll talk with her about the temptation and y'all will come up with steps you can take to avoid situations where temptation will be too strong. Praying that you both remember it is lust, not love, that makes you want to possess someone for your pleasure - that it is love that puts the other's well-being ahead of your desires. Praying that your love will be stronger than that lust. Praying you both help each other walk with the Lord through times of temptation. Praying for victory for you and Taylor.

I will PRAY.... and I will try and not be to graphic. What I have taught my children (age 19,18,17,14,and 13) Is to limit physical contact as much as possible. In my experience as a teen you start with kissing and then one thing leads to another. My children keep it to holding hands, putting there arms around the person they are seeing while watching a movie or sitting next to each other, and hugging hello and goodbye. The temptation is still there barely, and not nearly as strong as when you are kissing and bodily fluids(saliva) are being exchanged, and My advice may be extreme, but It has helped them through some difficult years. Believe me as A teen I had no God in my life and I was....ummm....well "experienced" and what it does is cheapen sex and makes it not the beautiful thing that God meant it to be between a HUSBAND and WIFE. It becomes ugly and senseless even if it is with someone you "love". I put it that way because it took me 31 and numerous women (including a wife that I met at a bar, Ummm...ex-wife, current wife a met at church and after 9 years are still madly in love) that I "loved" to find out truly what love was and the beauty of a soul mate that was meant to be by God.

Good advice aka Ash.

JLYL, I also suggest trying to find an accountability partner from your church or youth group. Is your GF a believer? If she's not, she may have certain expectations. I'm praying that you find the courage to seek an accountability partner and to resist temptation.

Back