Fixing corrupt SoulCalibur III Chronicles of the Sword save data?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Attention, people with l33t hex editing skills: Please download this file and compare the two sets of SoulCalibur III save data included (one corrupt, one stable). Maybe someone can figure out a way to fix my corrupt save data?

...I hope?

EDIT: See the original inspiration for this thread here.

Last edited:
ummm since u set it as a ftp cant u upload a stable copy and look at it? i dont own the game and i wish i knew how to make it a ftp server...

ummm since u set it as a ftp cant u upload a stable copy and look at it? i dont own the game and i wish i knew how to make it a ftp server...
Well, the stable save data is from a new game. The only things unlocked are the Dancing Statue mini-game and the second mission of Chronicles of the Sword. Let's call this save data "C."

The corrupt save data, on the other hand, has nearly everything unlocked. Before the data was corrupted, it included a save game for Chronicles of the Sword with the first fifteen missions accomplished. Let's call this save data "B."

Then there's the original save game, which is on my brother-in-law's Playstation 2 memory card. To my knowledge, it still includes all the unlocked features AND my Chronicles of the Sword save data. Let's call this save data "A."

I'd love to get a hold of save data "A" again and this time save a copy of the save data to my jumpdrive, another copy to my desktop PC, and another copy to my personal web space. The only problems are that (1) my brother-in-law lives four hours away and (2) he's been having problems with his memory card, which might mean it's dying.

I'd love to get a hold of save data "A" again and this time save a copy of the save data to my jumpdrive, another copy to my desktop PC, and another copy to my personal web space. The only problems are that (1) my brother-in-law lives four hours away and (2) he's been having problems with his memory card, which might mean it's dying.
I got a hold of my working SoulCalibur III save file this weekend. I've already copied it to the thumbdrive reserved for my Playstation 2, my computer, my file server, and DivShare.

In case anyone is still interested in researching possible ways to repair corrupt SoulCalibur III save files, the following links should be of interest:
  1. Corrupt SoulCalibur III save game (Exhibit B described in previous post)
  2. Working SoulCalibur III save game (Exhibit A described in previous post)
EDIT: Yay, I can pick up where I left off on Chronicles of the Sword! :D

Back