Finding Christian Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh1te Out

Let me cut to the chase:

I am the type of person who needs support. At one point in my life (before I joined the Navy and began moving every three years), I had a very solid group of Christian brothers. Since then my stumbling and flat-out sinful nature has gone largely unchallenged. That is changing now, but I find myself being embarrassed to open up to my wife about things I struggle with.

Now, I know that the best place to find and make close friends is church. But that often takes time. I'm wondering what suggestions you all might that would help me to meet other Christian men that would help hold me accountable?

Thats a good question Mr. Slice. The bible tells us in Ro:8:14: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. So what it means is to be led of the Holy Spirit to guide us. Let God lead you to where He wants you to unburden yourself or to whom.God is good,All the time!

God bless you

Cephas

If I understand your situation correctly, then I'd recommend visiting the Setting Captives Free forums. SCF also offers an online course called "The Way of Purity" that addresses the temptations many, if not all, men face in modern online society.

Last edited:
I completely agree with both Cephas and Tek7 on this. Also, it seems this forum is a good place to start. There are Godly people here who would love to help. But Church is the best place. Even though it does take some time, if you get involved in some ministry, (such as a men's ministry) then it will take less time. But again, let God guide you on this.

From what Ive seen offered in my church, try an elder or someone you have something in common with even if it's past service. We have a men's group in our church that the men can join. Inquire with your pastor, he may also have a few people who can help you with growth as well as commitment etc. Even though Im a lady, I have been truly blessed with our new pastor. Its sort of nice having a peer instead of an older person who just may not understand as well. Also we have at least two pastors here in forums that I believe would be willing to speak with you if atm youre not comfortable with the one you have.
Blessings,'Angel"

the church should offer a mens bible study, some dont however, thats why my dad has run a bible study for 2 years now at our house, every thursday night, for the first year it was just him and another guy, since then we even have our pastor coming lol, but dont be afriad to put urself is out there, ive wasted alot of time in my life waiting,

Last edited:
Ya Know I came across almost the same thing and that was finding a new church that would fit my family.. My answer came in the form of what I call love.. Note: My family and I would visit a different church sunday twice a mnth and fill out the guest forms at each one. Now out of three mnths We were only contacted by two!!! One contacted us twice.. Now since the church's we attended fit our criteria I am confident that with love and prayers came our answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back