Fastest selling Nintendo game in history

ewoksrule

yup its SSBB!!!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,143551-c,games/article.html
this article talks about how the online play has had serious pipeline lag do the the massive popularity. They promise fixes ASAP.

Also from the article:
Nintendo of America announced that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii has become the fastest selling Nintendo game in history, selling more than 1.4 million copies after just one week of availability. More than 874,000 units were sold on launch day alone (March 9), the company said.

also
Disc Read Errors

For those of you experiencing problems with Brawl, Nintendo is offering an expedited and free repair service. The form to get the process started can be found here. Good luck.

Last edited:
Not too big of a surprise there. Brawl has been so hotly anticipated before anyone knew anything about it and when you combine that with the success of the Wii itself the potential purchase base was huge. The Wii has been selling like crazy since release and when you combine all of Nintendo's great franchises into one game that anyone can play it's no surprise that the success hase been ridiculous.

Well I mean, their marketing was insane. Slowly "leaking" more and more information slowly over the past few months to the Dojo helped a lot I'm sure. Not to mention it's one of the only big releases for them this year. As far as I know, after WiiFit there won't be a big release for the rest of the year, but if it sells the way it does in Japan, they won't need any other releases I suppose. I'm just hoping there will be decent 3rd party titles that aren't minigames or garbage :cough:nomoreheroes:cough:

Actually blackgravity Mario Kart Wii is due in early April and I imagine that will be another powerhouse title for Nintendo. But the slowly adding information to the Dojo was a fabulous marketing idea and really helped to raise the anticipation level.

Well yeah, but is WiiFit after MK or before? Either way, the manager at GameStop said they're expecting shortages of WiiFit along the lines of "gone the day we get them" for a while, so either way, I guess 3 mega sellers is better than 15 No More Heroes

Back