Family health and immigration issues (overseas missions)

Koeril

My family seems to be constantly plagued by sickness. Please remember us in your prayers. The sudden change in weather didn't help, I'm sure (went from no snow to about 3-4 ft snow this week). At least the kids play well together and allow my wife and I to rest when possible.

Wife - recovering from outpatient procedure, sore throat, beginnings of cold
Son - weeping eye related to cold (strange, but true ... daughter had it last week), runny nose, cough
Daughter - runny nose, cough
Me - migraine today, beginning of the sore throat, et al

The family of four that we serve (our pastor and his wife) are also battling illness.

[[The tl;dr of the following is that we need to find a way to register and stay in Ukraine by April, otherwise we need to leave.]]​

Also, in order to stay in Ukraine, we need to renew our visas in April. Our church does not have a large umbrella organization yet like the Baptist Union or some other organization you may be familliar with (only 13 of our churches here in Ukraine) and our local church we began a few months ago does not yet meet the requirements to be registered before the gov't. What this means is that I need to find an secondary organization to invite and register us. A fellow organization we work with often is willing to give us the invitation letters, but is unable to register us. Likewise, due to Ukrainian law and not wanting to pay their taxes (sigh), our langlord does not want to allow us to register at the apartment we rent. Possible solutions are finding someone else to register us or buying our own cheapo apartment and continuing to live in this one we rent. Unless the Lord provides exponentially, I don't see that happening.

So, right now things are cloudy and as the leader of my family and knowing God's calling on our lives, this weighs heavy on me and is stressing me a bit. I've committed it to the Lord and trust in Him, but it gets tough at times. I absolutely LOVE living here in Ukraine and sharing about Christ every day and forgiveness of sins and to think of being taken from that due to gov't requirements makes me very sad indeed.

All these above things are making it difficult for us as a family. Please pray for us.

Last edited:
Praying for y'all. If it's God's will that y'all be there, he will find a way for it to work out.

Back