Evil Atheist Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Medjai

I am outraged at the growing number of Atheists in society. I can testify to the moral decay here in America.

Can I get an Amen?

I understand what you are saying. I mean all they have to do is look around and they can see that there had to be some creator. Taking some more advanced science classes it is becoming more and more obvious about how everything is put together. But being outraged will do nothing. Atheists want to see you get mad, they want to see you sin and mess up, so we must treat them as friends and not be in a sense, angry with them.

Major is right,you can't lose track of your main purpose of being a christian! You have to set an example for those that are lost,not give them more reason not to believe! After all,it was the son of God that spent his whole life on earth with the sinners,not the saints! Like he said "It's the sick that need a doctor,not those that are well". Try harder to be a doctor and not an undertaker Medjai. You'll find out that more of your patients will live!!

mycatz2fat-Sorry,but I don't give out Amens to the fact that there are so many lost souls in the world-

Well I find it hillarious that you took me seriously, I mean how ignorant do you take me to be? I thought 'Evil Atheist Conspiracy' as a title would help you to see that this thread was a satire designed to illustrate the point that Atheists are not evil.

As an Atheist, I think I will bring color to these boards.

By the by, in the more 'advanced' sciences it is becoming more and more acceptable that there is no need for a creator to have been present at all. Perhaps you need to catch up on your studies.

Further, assuming one proves the existence of a creator, explain to me how one could be accepted to accept the God of the Bible as that of which was the supposed causation of all that 'is' in existence today? In fact, one could even go so far as to accepting multiple Gods...

Finally, how is one to rule out the possibility that there was a creator that died or killed itself?

I love how you said that Atheists want to see me get mad. As an Atheist I can testify to the fallactious nature of this statement (hasty generalization; a logical fallacy). We merely assert our view that everything can be explained logically and naturalistically, we have emotions and morals just as do most everyone else. The only difference is you won't catch us killing in the name of Atheism which is quite in contrast to that which has occured in times past. I can of course go into proving this with historical backing if it so pleases you.
smile.gif

Well, sorry for being less blunt, one of your very own told me of this site, he is no longer in your rankings of course.

Make sure to visit this great site, and register to the forums if you enjoy debate and discussion.

Visit this loving Chrstian site as well!

landover baptists is a complete farse and not even funny. you're more than welcome here as long as you're civil. we're not dumbed down watered down Christians who are blindly following what our parents tought us to believe. We weren't born this way and archeology proves our Bible to be more and more true. in fact it has yet to let us down!

the delicate balance our our world and universe which scientists can abrely fathom is proof enough of intelligent design and not Bang! we're all here and not frying because we're too close to the sun or freezeing because we're too far. etc

Unfortunately, medjai, you will find that there are a lot of Christians who do post in the manner that you did (even though you intended it for satire), so we have no choice but to take it seriously.

A lot of Christians are very opinionated, but have no clue of how to defend these opinions. They'd get eaten alive in the intellectual world. You should stay, medjai, just to weed out and eliminate any Christian extremist garbage.

Have a nice day.

Lightsaber activated,
Katarn85

So you are going by the idea that conditions here are convenient?

Fortunately, evolution doesn't claim that that's what happened. It says that what came first was the self-replicating molecule. The chances of something like that happening are also high -- probably on the order of 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 or so, give or take a few zeros.

Of course, there are about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe, so the chances of a self-replicating molecule arising by chance starts to look inevitable.

Just in passing, I'd like to mention that your argument about the spontaneous generation (I am assuming you will go into this as we continue) of bacteria is a very, very old one and is regularly debunked in just about every discussion between theists and non-theists. So if you read it in a book, check the copyright date. If it was written after, say, 1990, it means the author is being deliberately dense and probably can't be trusted further than you can comfortably spit a rat.

Finally, I am not here to argue the beginning of the Universe, the fact is that the universe started time and therefore there is no 'before' the universe. This might be a hard concept for you to grasp.

I seriously hope you don't try any silly cosmological arguments as they are all quite base and rather easily refuted through the means of lacking in logic.

You could of course claim that God can perform outside of logic, if you do , we go into an entirely different level of debate. Do you make this claim?

Are any of you evangelicals (fundamentalists)?

Yes, Landover Baptist is a spoof but it is very funny. If you don't see the humor in it you simply have a base sense of it. Or take offense at it in that the interlaced jokes are directed at befuddling baptists...

Now, if you acknowledge evolution, disregard my statistical factoid of course. That was for any creationist apologists on the board.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Katarn85 @ Sep. 12 2003,11:20)]Unfortunately, medjai, you will find that there are a lot of Christians who do post in the manner that you did (even though you intended it for satire), so we have no choice but to take it seriously.

A lot of Christians are very opinionated, but have no clue of how to defend these opinions.  They'd get eaten alive in the intellectual world.  You should stay, medjai, just to weed out and eliminate any Christian extremist garbage.

Have a nice day.

Lightsaber activated,
 Katarn85
Woah, that is unexpected, thank you!

By the way, I am not an ass *except* to those idiot extremists. I respect and even admire MANY theists, so long as they can support their positions in a logical sense and have thoroughly examined their own views.

CCGR, the 'God of the gaps' is in no way empirical evidence towards the event of which required a creator. In fact, ANY specific area in the universe to be exactly how it is, is EQUALLY as rare as our setting. So, for planet X to be Y light years from the sun is equally as likely as planet X's being Z light years from the sun. Your argument is outdated and sufficiently refuted.

I take that back, it is more likely that X is Y light years from the sun, how do I know this? Because we ARE this distance. I seriously hope you see what I am saying because if you don't this might be difficult to explain...

There was no 'beginning' or 'start'. Think about it...

I am not claiming to have absolute knowledge Lion. I am quite willing to admit I don't 'know it all'.

Just because we 'don't know' does not mean there isn't a logical reason behind something. The God of the gaps is no God at all. I am sure I don't need to go into the historicity of things that we at one time did not know and attributed to God that were later shown to be quite naturalistic?

well what must be realized is that something had to come first is all i am saying, what is your view on creation, was it by devine intervension or was it just yet again another random chance by science?

If everything came from something, the idea of an everlasting God is negated by your own deduction... Think about it.

When you use such a sarcastic tone in saying "yet again" you are commiting the fallacy of syntax, or creating a sarcastic tone towards another view to belittle its perceptive validity. Commonly used to discredit others in the eyes of the layman.

My views on 'creation' are not founded as I don't believe in 'creation' at all.

The universe has always existed, in one form or another. There are several theories of just how things became as they are, yet I see no reason to subscribe exclusively to any single one of them as of yet. Once the gap in that of quantum physics and relativity is mended into one compatible theory I will be far more intrigued by modern discovery. I do not 'know' it all. So don't expect me to answer extremely difficult questions, whereas you can answer 'God did it' I can not and as such you are creating unfair situations for me. I hope you understand what I am saying.

This thread has been moved to the Religious Discussion forum, so it is now in the capable moderating hands of CCGR and NSpire.

I'll be leaving out for Springfield in the morning (we've been a bit delayed by some automotive problems), but even if I was available to moderate the discussion, I'd rather not. I don't care much for online debating myself but I understand that is has value to others. That's why I've appointed people with a greater wealth of patience to moderate such debates.

I always feel a quick twinge of guilt for "passing" these threads on to others but I quickly overcome it when I remember the importance of delegation. Thank you again for all your help, CCGR and NSpire!

Please remember that you are authorized to use whatever means necessary to keep the peace--this includes editing and deleting posts, banning (by IP and/or e-mail address), deleting accounts, and changing account information (password and e-mail address) to prevent the user from logging in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back