EVE Q&A

Cloud G

EVE is HUGE...VAST.....COMPLEX
You get the idea.

So ASK!

Either here, or in a separate thread. With the number of people check this forum, someone either has or can link to the answer. Hopefully we'll end up with a good section for everyone.

Why do they have to charge 15 dollars a month if so many people play it? Maybe a monthly fee between 7-10 dollars?

I don't know. With most MMOs charging that rate they'd easily bring in tons of users by undercutting the rest.

I will say that unlike most MMOs, there's no cost to "buy" it. Like in WoW you bought the game for $50. You did get 30 days of play time.....but $50? In EVE, after the trial you simply apply a GTC and continue on.

By getting a subscription you can get the cost down to 10.95. But you're buying 12 months worth of time. Which does eliminate some of EVE's casual play nature. And of course there's a big up front cost.

How much does it cost?

The quick answer is ~$15 for 30days and ~40 for 90 days. There are also subscriptions you can get which can lower the price per month. Also, unlike other MMOs, there is no start up cost (which always bothered me). You simple download the game, sign up for the free trial, and when your 14 days are up, buy a 15 day code, and continue on.

More info on pricing here:
http://cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22412

Also...
CCP has started a second account program. Where if you alread have an account, you can creat a second at a discount. Current ~$50 for 120 days.

Back