ESO - Elder Scrolls Online

Taran

The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that was announced in May 2012. Developed by the team at ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. An entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history will be revealed in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the Daedric prince, Molag Bal, tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm. This game is scheduled for an end of 2013 release, and will have player-vs-environment and player-vs-player (Alliance) components to it.

More information can be found at:
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en
http://tamrielfoundry.com/

So this thread is a basic callout, "is-anyone-else-interested" in this game? If so, would you be interested in forming a guild for this game? Please post below so we know who might be interested.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in a trial of the game, try out the classes and travel around the ingame world, see the sights. Enjoyed the Skyrim, and would like to see more.

Supposedly there's sizable DAoC influence in this game. That's appealing to me, but I doubt I'll buy it on release. I need an MMO break :p

If it was free I would probably try it out.

But I doubt it would be much like the previous Elder Scrolls games due to the online component. As soon as you add other human players you cease to be the central character in the story-line and become, at best, a contributor to events. Uniqueness is lost when everyone else is wearing the same armor as you, specializes in the same things as you and follows the same exact path as you.

That is what makes a game like Skyrim so great to me. Regardless of how I choose to play, my character always seems unique within the world. I don't have to compete with other players for the best armor and weapons. And I only had to pay one time for that uniqueness.

But I doubt it would be much like the previous Elder Scrolls games due to the online component. As soon as you add other human players you cease to be the central character in the story-line and become, at best, a contributor to events. Uniqueness is lost when everyone else is wearing the same armor as you, specializes in the same things as you and follows the same exact path as you.

SW:TOR did a pretty good job at addressing this, well perhaps not the uniqueness part. The storytelling in SW:TOR is unsurpassed.

SW:TOR did a pretty good job at addressing this, well perhaps not the uniqueness part. The storytelling in SW:TOR is unsurpassed.

have you played The Secret World? I liked every bit of story better then SWTOR and even the voice acting was better. Both did a great job, but TSW hit it out of the park.

Last edited:
The storytelling was good, I agree. But it slowly became apparent to me that because I was not a paying subscriber I would have to do considerably more grinding to continually reach that story content. I hate grinding. I never finished the story.

And it started out so well too. It wasn't until the 20's that the mission rewards stopped providing enough XP to advance me.

Last edited:
ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) was announced today that it has been pushed back to be released in Spring 2014. It will be available in PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. I guess the beta testing showed there's more work to be done than at first anticipated.

Back