Email and OE

Lazarus

Is it possible to use Outlook Express as a frontend for Embarq's email service?
My Dad doesn't like their user interface(neither do I - it sucks, frankly), and would rather use OE.

I've never heard of Embarq, but I know that Mozilla Thunderbird is a much more reliable alternative to Outlook or Outlook Express.

Thanks Cloud, that's what I needed. :)

(TJ, it probably is, but my Dad would never use it. Familiarity FTL...)

I use Thunderbird at work; I've also used Apple's Mail. I haven't used Outlook in years, though I had to use it at the print shop I worked at before this one.

For everything else, though, I use web-based mail, including my Earthlink email. I like being able to check my mail ANYWHERE there is internet access.

Um, yeah. Instant gratification...

Oh, you have Earthlink too!

Well MM... may I ask if you like it? It drove my Dad crazy because his emails were always just - vanishing.

Usually right after Mom checked the account, which caused some um... *cough* loud moments.

Well MM... may I ask if you like it? It drove my Dad crazy because his emails were always just - vanishing.

Usually right after Mom checked the account, which caused some um... *cough* loud moments.
From the sounds of it, your mom's e-mail client wasn't set to leave e-mails on the server.

The easy fix is to configure your e-mail client to leave e-mails on the server. I know how to do it in Outlook, but I'm sure there are already a plethora of e-mail client tutorials out there.

Back