Dungeon Defenders is awesome, just saying.

ewoksrule

I have not been having this much fun in a game for a looong time. As much fun as I have in Rift and Minecraft, DunDef tops it out. Something about the challenge, the need for real teamwork, and the mix of 2 great genres, Tower Defense and Hack-n-slash make it my personal game of the year.

There are about 5 ToJers that have been playing it nightly, still time to get on board and play with us.

Halloween update just went live!!

Oh and the developers rock, they add patches that actually address community desires every week.

I'm holding out hope that Dungeon Defenders will be 50% during the Steam holiday sale.

Don't miss the cool Halloween costumes they just released today, and the chance to unlock the ultra rare 2nd costume for each toon, and the themed weapons, and the new halloween themed Tavern.

Its already 1/4 the price of a full game with 100% the fun of one.

FYI, you will be able to cross play with ps3, pc, android, and iOS but NOT 360 because MS forbids cross play.....lame sauce. Also 360 won't get the cool updates like the halloween stuff as far as I know. I bet its still tons of fun on 360 regardless, but its sad it will be so gimped and quarantined from the rest of the player base.

I haven't read anything about the 360 crossplay issue with Dungeon Defenders, but I know that Microsoft doesn't as a general rule forbid cross platform play. I played Shadowrun on 360 against PC players. I'd guess the hiccup is that Microsoft requires you to use the Windows Live middleware for cross platform.

Edit: Here is some article (maybe questionable on its accuracy citing some blog that doesn't seem to exist any more) that indicates maybe there won't be any more 360 cross play: http://www.itproportal.com/2010/07/22/microsoft-scraps-pcxbox-360-cross-platform-gaming/

It was confirmed by multiple Devs, that MS is the only one to forbid cross-play and therefore 360 will be the only one left out. There is much praise to Sony for cooperating with this.

Last edited:
Whats funny is that companies scrapped their cross play 360 options after Shadowrun because according to MS data, the PC players whooped up the 360 players every single time and it was embarrassing to the 360 team in a major way.

Then later 360 made it policy to not allow cross platform play. Booooo Hissss

Last edited:
Whats funny is that companies scrapped their cross play 360 options after Shadowrun because according to MS data, the PC players whooped up the 360 players every single time and it was embarrassing to the 360 team in a major way.

I believe this would be true about any game, and it's not really based on skill at all... I have played certain games one both platforms, PC and 360, (like BF3, Black Ops, etc) and on the PC these games seem more fast paced and usually are... I can move much faster and better using a keyboard and mouse than I can a controller...

However...PC does not do split screen...PC costs me roughly 3 times more per game than 360...and I cannot afford (money & time) to continually upgrade my PCs to play the latest games...

While I enjoy PC gaming better, and agree it is the best platform...it is further and further getting out of my reach... :( So I will do what I can do... :p

Elihu gifted me a copy of Dungeon Defenders as an early Christmas gift. :D So when do you guys want to get together for a game?

Elihu gifted me a copy of Dungeon Defenders as an early Christmas gift. :D So when do you guys want to get together for a game?

Of course this would come after I decided not to buy the game on sale because it seemed like no one was playing anymore...

My timing sucks

Of course this would come after I decided not to buy the game on sale because it seemed like no one was playing anymore...

My timing sucks
:(

I'm sure it'll go on sale again--probably during the Steam holiday sale in December.

Oh make sure you are only playing ranked via trendynet. That is the only way to get the holiday events and special goodies, the non ranked mode is just for mods and hacks.

Gah! That was a short window of opportunity! ><

Will keep an eye out for deals on it for you. I think it would go back on sale during the December Steam sale.

Thanks!

It really depends on the deal tho. The game seems to be played much less now. Don't really want to spend $10 on a game no one is playing anymore. Guess I'll just have to watch my friends list and see what ya'll are doing before I buy it.

Again, thanks!

Back