Drupal-friendly hosting companies

kraniac

I know there's a lot of people here with a lot of professional IT experience. I was just recently hired by the ACDA (http://www.acda.org) to replace the third-party web development company they're getting fed up with. They also host the site, and their record is so poor on that too, that The Boss has asked me to find alternative companies for him.

I'm pretty new to all this (just graduated in May) so I was wondering if any of the techies with experience with hosting companies know of any good ones that are LAMP-based and Drupal-friendly? The Drupal site has quite a large list of companies that contribute to Drupal development but it's tough to get a good estimate of quality of service there.

Thanks!

ok the dite isn't coming up at all. HOw big of a site( interms of traffic and users?) I might be able to accomodat you..depending on budget though a dedicated server might actually suit you better and i can help you with that as well. PM heading your way

Last edited:
ok the dite isn't coming up at all. HOw big of a site( interms of traffic and users?) I might be able to accomodat you..depending on budget though a dedicated server might actually suit you better and i can help you with that as well. PM heading your way

Drupal has pretty decent caching. So long as you don't exceed the connection limit to MySQL it tends to scale pretty well.

the problem is drupal 6 has insnae mysql connection usages(at least right now it does) and that's going to kill many shared hosts..unless you ahve your systems built right..:)

the problem is drupal 6 has insnae mysql connection usages(at least right now it does) and that's going to kill many shared hosts..unless you ahve your systems built right..:)

You could kill many shared hosts by sneezing in the wrong direction. The market is saturated with low quality bob in mom's basement operations.

--

It would be a good idea if you can get the # of hits a month, bandwidth usage, etc to HCS and he can get a better idea of what type of horsepower will be needed.

It looks like a pretty basic apache 2.x box, so it shouldn't be that hard to move it.

Back