Doom 3 review

great site, I learned alot more about the templars than I did before. And the article about the pentagram was really good.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (*AKA*Jester @ Aug. 08 2004,8:47)]i agree, that reveiw wasnt bad, but it wsant at all able to capture what the story line of doom is at all.  i personally dont mind if i get flamed, so ima go ahead and tell yall what the story of this game really is.

you are a marine employed by union aerospace corporation.  you are sent to a mars based facility to fill a marine position.  you arrive and all the people are very paranoid and freaked out.  you get your gear and you are given your first assignment to locate a missing scientist in an older section of the facility.  

blah blah etc
biggrin.gif

There is one level... later in the game... that will freak you out BIGTIME!

I dunno if you've heard of it... but if you feel wierded take a step back, press esc, and just think of what God would want you to do maybe... or ask for God's protection from imagery... or both.

You now, if you didn't know what the storyline in the game was about, why didn't you open up the front cover?

It says:

The ruins of an ancient martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation and the UAC will stop at nothing to harness this world altering technology. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough...until the invasion. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching earth.

That pretty much sums it up right there doesn't it?

Dark Virtue,
Because Christ died, we have eternal life.
just because a crusifix is a Christian symbol dosn't mean we are evil.

I didn't say the use of the crucifix made anyone evil.

What I said was that the crucifix is a brutal symbol. If Christ had been put to death in an electric chair, would you wear one of those around your neck? What is not brutal about wearing a necklace of an iron spike? Just because the symbol is widely used doesn't mean it's not horrid. Do you really think God enjoys seeing people walking around with little crowns of thorns on necklaces, flippantly wearing symbols of Christ's demise?

yeah what dark says makes some sense, but what do I know I don't think god should have anything to do with politics. And that seems to be bad on this forum
rock.gif

Ok back on topic.

Yeah I was watching the Fabulous life of Mel Gibson and they sell nails with the Passon of the Christ on it. If Jesus was shot would u sell bullets with the name of the movie on it? It doesn't make sence if look at it in that way. Maybe we should go back to using the pentagram. But the cross is to widely known to change.

I know this is getting off topic but...
I wear a crucifix every day to show my devotion to Jesus Christ my savior and to remind myself that he died for me. It is a violent symbol because he died a violent death. We should never change that symbol so we shall never forget the suffering that he endured for us and the life that he gave up for our sins.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Aug. 25 2004,7:49)]Do you really think God enjoys seeing people walking around with little crowns of thorns on necklaces, flippantly wearing symbols of Christ's demise?
Yes I do think God enjoys us wearing symbols of Christs demise because it shows our devotion to him.

Back